Customer Service 866.965.0400

Our new baby needs a good detailing...

bandit67

That should run pretty good! IRS is great for handling but going to the track with the straight axle is better for hooking up and no wheel hop!

how is the IRS handle launches on the GTO? my boy had an 05 GTO not crazy mods just headers, exhaust, intake and a tune.. I tryed to teach him how to launch.. not an easy task in that car !

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how is the IRS handle launches on the GTO? my boy had an 05 GTO not crazy mods just headers, exhaust, intake and a tune.. I tryed to teach him how to launch.. not an easy task in that car !

I've beaten a couple of the 6.0's up to 45-50 where we let off. Not many people can launch them.

You just need to learn to drive the car...I can launch with very minimal wheel spin on the street, at the track I can crack a 2.0 60' on street tires and a 1.8 60' on drag radials launching at 4k...I also have drag bags for track use...Its really up to the driver..I'm pretty decent

The main prob with the IRS is bad wheel hop though...thats what the drag bags help with...

I've beaten a couple of the 6.0's up to 45-50 where we let off. Not many people can launch them.

Must have been crappy drivers...Mustang GT's usually are an easy run :burnout: if I run them from a dig or a roll, but then again its up to the launch and on the street I launch at around 1800-2000 and feather then clutch out for minimal wheel spin...:2thumbs:

Edited by AZGTO

My G8 has IRS as well and with a bit of help from Pedders and BMR it will hook VERY well.

The main goal with IRS is to stiffen it up some.

The G8's IRS is superior to the GTO's. MUCH stronger!

B-E-A-utiful car their Ed. I am a Ford guy at heart! Plus the fact that Obama:( isn't running them is another HUGE plus IMO.

Great car! Enjoy.:)

Wow Ed! I'm a BowTie guy, but that Mustang is a killer machine, I really love those cars. THE MUSCLE CAR LIVES !!

Plus, the two tone interior is a great accent to the body color. Good luck with that beauty. :rockon:

You just need to learn to drive the car...I can launch with very minimal wheel spin on the street, at the track I can crack a 2.0 60' on street tires and a 1.8 60' on drag radials launching at 4k...I also have drag bags for track use...Its really up to the driver..I'm pretty decent

The main prob with the IRS is bad wheel hop though...thats what the drag bags help with...

Must have been crappy drivers...Mustang GT's usually are an easy run :burnout: if I run them from a dig or a roll, but then again its up to the launch and on the street I launch at around 1800-2000 and feather then clutch out for minimal wheel spin...:2thumbs:

I run 1.8's on my street tires :lolsmack:

Besides I don't shift until 45 from first gear so thats why I can usually take the 6.0s from a dig until 50 but after that its :hi:

Alright, here are the 'after exterior detailing' pics. Still have to do the interior - that's for tomorrow.

The Saleen Nationals are being held here in Colorado this weekend, and they have a Shelby Mustang class, so I'm getting it ready for that. Hopefully my red painted mirror covers will get here before Saturday's Show N Shine.

I don't know, but I think the detailing made a huge difference.

At least I'm happy with it. :banana:

3rd brake light cover needs to go.

I love the car and the Red mirror caps will look great but I agree that the third brake light could go, it's a classy ride and it already has a SHELBY on the rear deck lid.

NOW LETS SEE UNDER THE HOOD :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Hey Ed, show Chris this thread, and maybe she'll start to think like the rest of us?? How many times can we write "SHELBY" on the back of the car?? OFF WITH THE CHEESY COVER!!

:lol:

Haha! Stupid brake light cover is gone! :banana:

I told my wife the other day that it looked like it was starting to peel off on one side. Then today, I told her everyone agreed it had to go, so she said take it off. :cool:

Boy, was it on there good! I mean it almost fell off all by itself. ;)

Haha! Stupid brake light cover is gone! :banana:

I told my wife the other day that it looked like it was starting to peel off on one side. Then today, I told her everyone agreed it had to go, so she said take it off. :cool:

Boy, was it on there good! I mean it almost fell off all by itself. ;)

O/k, now stop with the silly posts about wacky brake light covers and get that interior "Adamized" and post some more pics. :jester::banana: