Customer Service 866.965.0400

Mildew

Opeth

Question

I'm getting ready to detail my brother's car for him. He has never washed it, I know its a shame. However, he has some (what looks like) mildew and mildew stains on the exterior rubber trim. What would be protocol for removing this? APC? VRT?

Thanks

13 answers to this question

I'm getting ready to detail my brother's car for him. He has never washed it, I know its a shame. However, he has some (what looks like) mildew and mildew stains on the exterior rubber trim. What would be protocol for removing this? APC? VRT?

Thanks

Use your brothers toothbrush and APC, you can cut the APC 50/50 first as Jesse suggested and if that doesn't get it all try it full strength. Just don't leave it on too long, do a small section and then rinse well and move to the next section. And no need to tell him you used his toothbrush, he deserves it for letting his car get that dirty :D:D:D

:( Did he have to pay for this car with his hard earned money? If he cant even bring it to you i wouldnt clean it for him. sounds like he dont care.

At least he has a nice enough brother to volunteer to clean it for him beside he would just trash it again when you are done.....

I didn't actually get to clean it today because he didn't feel like bringing the car over for ME to wash. Apparently it was too much of a hassle to have someone wash his car for him.

Don't get too into the detail. I've done cars for people like that and they don't really understand or respect the work that's involved in what you do. Just saying don't expect a huge thank you. Good luck on the detail hope all goes well. If you get some good before and after pics post them up. What kind of car is it?