Customer Service 866.965.0400

Which towel to with what?

694doorbird

Question

I'm going to be doing the Charger and ranger before winter hits. I bought the Adam's Essential Detail kit. I also bought an extra drying towel. Here are my questions:

What do I use the plush blue towels for? Kit came with 2. So far, I've used them for the detail spray.

There are 2 white soft towels. What are they used for?

A round red pad (foam)? Swirl & Haze Removal?

A blue rectangle microfibre pad? Revive polish and Buttery wax?

A blue pad same as above, but wrapped in a mesh?

Blue round pads--look like two pads stuck together. Tires?

20 answers to this question

What do I use the plush blue towels for? Kit came with 2. So far, I've used them for the detail spray.

You can pretty much use them on glass, paint and all interior surfaces. use them for wiping off DS, SHR, FMP, wax, etc... They can do allot. I wouldn't touch the tires with them though, they are too nice for that.

If they have a waffle pattern they are Drying Towels after you wash it, if not, then they are for removing wax.

Interior Detailing Sponge. They help you apply either Leather and Dash Conditioner or V.R.T. quickly and evenly.

Polish and Wax Applicator Pads.

More Microfiber Applicator Pads, use with Revive Polish.

Tire Sponge (Use with VRT)

yea, it seems that we have a special towel for each product. I just hope that I can keep them straight. The towel I got with my first order of Waterless Car Wash was one color, then when I ordered the gallon special it came with another towel in a different color (white and blue IIRC), they were different than the ones I got to wipe the Americana Wax and the detail spray. Then I got the Glass Cleaner and those towels are different yet. I need to label my cabinet so I don't get them mixed up!

My wife is so jealous, she says that the towels for the car are nicer than the ones for the 'people'. :)

If you have more than one of these I recommend cutting one up to use to apply VRT or other dressings. Cut the circle so you have half a Moon pie and use the newly exposed flat part for low-profile tires. Cut the other side into different shapes to get to hard-to-reach areas. (thanks to Taig for that tip).

You can pretty much use them on glass, paint and all interior surfaces. use them for wiping off DS, SHR, FMP, wax, etc... They can do allot. I wouldn't touch the tires with them though, they are too nice for that.

If they have a waffle pattern they are Drying Towels after you wash it, if not, then they are for removing wax.

Interior Detailing Sponge. They help you apply either Leather and Dash Conditioner or V.R.T. quickly and evenly.

Polish and Wax Applicator Pads.

More Microfiber Applicator Pads, use with Revive Polish.

Tire Sponge (Use with VRT)

Thanks,

I'm going to order the 4 pak of the blue soft towels.

Everything else sounds right, just not sure about this one ????

Can you take a picture of it ?

Here is a picture!!

Microfiberpadwithmesh.jpg

It's a microfiber pad with a mesh around it. Similar to the sponges you find in the store that claim they remove bugs. It came in the Adam's Essentials Car Detailing Kit, but it's not pictured in the kit.

Edited by 694doorbird

Here is a picture!!

Microfiberpadwithmesh.jpg

It's a microfiber pad with a mesh around it. Similar to the sponges you find in the store that claim they remove bugs. It came in the Adam's Essentials Car Detailing Kit, but it's not pictured in the kit.

Bonus item! Hmm, well, did it come from our warehouse? We don't stock these, did you possibly get this from a dealer?

Well, I'm on the phone with the warehouse now, and they have never seen one of these.

We can send you some replacements of the apps you should have gotten, and I apologize!:confused:

Crazy. Adam@AdamsPolishes.com

Thanks!:2thumbs:

Bonus item! Hmm, well, did it come from our warehouse? We don't stock these, did you possibly get this from a dealer?

Well, I'm on the phone with the warehouse now, and they have never seen one of these.

We can send you some replacements of the apps you should have gotten, and I apologize!:confused:

Crazy. Adam@AdamsPolishes.com

Thanks!:2thumbs:

Adam,

It came in the bucket with the essentials kit along with 2 other microfiber applicators. Maybe I'll use it when washing to get bugs off the car.

That's nuts, and I apologize. Please email us now so we can get you replacements immediately.

Thanks, and I apologize! :confused:

Adam,

There is no need to replace it, as I did receive the 2 applicators that are supposed to come in the kit. I do appreciate your customer service. It's got to be the best that I've ever seen.

Adam,

There is no need to replace it, as I did receive the 2 applicators that are supposed to come in the kit. I do appreciate your customer service. It's got to be the best that I've ever seen.

Thanks Mike! I appreciate your kind words, and am completely dumbfounded how this happened! It's crazy.

Suppose we ship enough orders, crazy things are bound to happen!

Thanks again, and have an outstanding weekend.

-Adam:2thumbs: