Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Product Needed!!!!

Cyclone

Question

I was just looking at this picture..

This custom chopper was detailed by Elite Detail & Performance using Adam's Products.

8121_139300442351_122672587351_3056163_4058315_n.jpg

Now this chopper, and the detail job looks flawless. It is simply amazing how beautiful this looks.

Except for one thing. And Marc, I hope you do not mind me saying this.

But the tires look terrible!

WHY? Obviously because you cannot put anything on the rubber and make it slippery.

So this is where I am curious about the possibility of a new product. My Mother has motorcycles, along with many of my friends and I will too one day.

So I wonder if there is a product out there, or something maybe the Adam's team can whip up that will provide the deep black look to the rubber tires, without causing a slippery surface or something that would be unsafe for the rider.

9 answers to this question

If you're just going to detail it and put it on display I don't see a problem. I haven't found VRT to be slippery. At shows I always VRT the entire tire, even inside the treads, and haven't had any traction problems on the drive home. Probably because just driving out of the parking lot at idle speed is enough to take the dressing off the tread. I assume on a motorcycle the effect could be a little different though, but VRT leaves my tires dark but dry.

Do you have any more pictures of that bike? The paint job looks sweeeeet

Edited by GerryC

I see what you're saying, and I sympathize. I've detailed a fair share of choppers... even one of Jesse James original west coast bikes... but the problem is the fact that the second you roll it the tire is gonna get scuffed/dirty/dull again.

For show bikes I have used VRT on the whole tire before as it was just going to sit and not be ridden. As soon as it was ready to roll the owner would scuff the center section of the tire with some sand paper to bring back the grip.

Theres just no way around it, even if there was a product it wouldn't be much good unless used for bikes that are never ridden.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. That chopper is my neighbor's and he is a really good guy. Yes, liability was a big issue as far as dressing the tires. If it was strictly a show bike, then they would have been dressed. The owner is a really cool guy that has and uses his toys.

If you get a chance, check out my Facebook page (type Elite Detail and Performance in the search box) and I posted some pics of his custom 800hp 55 Chevy I detailed with, of course, Adam's Products. I did the paint and the interior of the car one day (front seats and dash only. Being 6'3" tall, it's a little hard to get in the back with the roll cage) and the motor about a week later when he came back in town.

He also owns a 60-something Harley that was detailed as well. I will post some pics when I can take them. We are trying to coordinate a "group" picture with the 55, the chopper and the Harley, as well as my other neighbor's chopper detailed with Adam's by the water. Can't wait to see that picture!

In recently used Adam's GWC on my Road King wheels & tires, got them too clean, so the tire looked washed out dull.

I can say I previously used the Harley Tire & Wheel cleaner and that did a good job cleaning and left the tires a clean but nice darker black on the tires.

So, maybe investigate what is in the Harley cleaner.

Could you do a 4:1 water/VRT spray mix to just make the tires look darker without slopping VRT everywhere?

Are you talking about for motorcycle tires?

I've used something around 7:1 VRT on my tires in spray form and they looked just nice rubber, not shiny at all. VRT will leave *some* shine.