Customer Service 866.965.0400

frustration

phonejack1

Question

OK...Started doing the trunk on my sky...as you can see by the first picture some work was needed. Spent several hours and still not happy.. Looks like swirls are gone in the area I worked..but, to me it looks hazy. In that test area I machine polished and applied machine wax. Do I need to work that area more with swirl and haze?

13 answers to this question

Have you done step 2 - Fine Machine Polish (FMP) on the white pad yet? When using the Swirl and Haze Remover (SHR) you are adding some marring in the process, so you have to use a less aggressive product (FMP) to remove the marring. Once you've finished with the FMP the finish should be ready for the wax/sealant.

Lets get some more details so we can get that corrected. A couple of possible reasons for that are too much product used or not enough pressure. BUt most likely is exactly what has already been said, not following up with step 2 or not waiting the 12 hours and doing the second wipe down of the MSW. Have you watched the video's ?

MSW probably was applied 12 hours before picture. Yes, I did apply FMP with the white pad. I'm just wondering if I didn't work with it enough. OK, now when you say to much product…are you referring to FMP or the SHR? 12 hours is mentioned. I've looked at the video that came with the product again and I can't find any mention of 12 hours. So I guess I'm confused with that. Thanks for all your help

ok, another question. As I move forward I find what appear to be fine surface scratches. I've been working on one particular area for a good 30-45 minutes and for the life of me I can't seem to get rid of these little surface scratches. I'm using SHR and have my pc set to just under 5 and using slow up/down and back and forth motions. Am I rushing things? Is it normal to spend this amount of time or even longer to get rid of such issues? Your suggestions/answers are greatly appreciated

MSW probably was applied 12 hours before picture. Yes, I did apply FMP with the white pad. I'm just wondering if I didn't work with it enough. OK, now when you say to much product…are you referring to FMP or the SHR? 12 hours is mentioned. I've looked at the video that came with the product again and I can't find any mention of 12 hours. So I guess I'm confused with that. Thanks for all your help

Your right, it is not mentioned on that video, lets get you started with the Junkman's video's

The MSW need to cure for 12 hours after the initial removal of the residue. 12 hours later you give it a second wipe down to remove any excess.

Go to this section and watch the How to Restore your finish series and the Slow Cut series and you will get an excellent idea of how much product to use and how fast to work the PC :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52

Edited by C6Bill