Customer Service 866.965.0400

Water stained windshield..

QKSLVR Z

Question

Hey all,

i bought a new 2009 Jeep a few months ago and the windshield is water stained. it looks like the dealer left it outside for a while. what can i use to remove the stain. it's a little difficult sometimes to see through in the rain.

TIA!

23 answers to this question

Hi Vinnie, if the vinegar and clay trick doesn't work, our Swirl & Haze Remover works very well at eliminating water spots. Better with our Yellow Cutting Pad, and the Porter Cable or Drill w/4" pads.

It also works well by hand. Follow with BSG, and the spots won't come back!

:thumbsup:

ok, i finally gave it a try... no good:(.. i washed, clayed, washed again and then some SHR by hand.. i only did a small section.. it rained the other day and the water marks are still there.. it shows up a lot when the windshield is cold and you turn the wipers on the first few times.. after it gets to temp, you can only see the water marks after each wipe of the wiper for a second or two and then dissapears.. they run across whe whole windshield.. i'd like to try to take some pics to show what i'm talking about, but it's hard for it to show up on camera..

what can i try next? SHR with the orange pad?

thanks again for all the advice..

Vinnie:2thumbs:

. . . . . . Swirl & Haze Remover works very well at eliminating water spots. Better with our Yellow Cutting Pad, and the Porter Cable or Drill w/4" pads.

. . . . . . .Follow with BSG, and the spots won't come back!

:thumbsup:

Try this Vinnie, as it clearly sounds like the 4" pads and SHR is needed to get the heavy mineral deposits off your glass!

-Adam:thumbsup:

Try this Vinnie, as it clearly sounds like the 4" pads and SHR is needed to get the heavy mineral deposits off your glass!

-Adam:thumbsup:

thanks again for the advice.. should i be using the yellow or orange 4" pad?

thanks again for the advice.. should i be using the yellow or orange 4" pad?

Start with the Yellow Pad Vinnie, as it seems like your water spots are crazy tough.

They should knock off with minimal effort. If you like, call me and I'll walk you through the process!

303-718-9480.

Keep us posted on your results!

-Adam:cheers:

Vinnie, I have the same problem with my new F150. I wish I would've seen this before I spent last Sunday washing the truck and trying to get the same spots off. I gave up and put some Rain-X on it and seemed to be ok today in the rain, but it probably just masked the problem. I would think about using the SHR, but there is no way that I could do that on these new 4x4's without getting on the hood. They are so high off the ground and I can barely clean off the winshield as it is standing on the inside of the truck. It was just a PITA just getting the Rain-X on the winshield and I'm 6'1"!!

Vinnie, I have the same problem with my new F150. I wish I would've seen this before I spent last Sunday washing the truck and trying to get the same spots off. I gave up and put some Rain-X on it and seemed to be ok today in the rain, but it probably just masked the problem. I would think about using the SHR, but there is no way that I could do that on these new 4x4's without getting on the hood. They are so high off the ground and I can barely clean off the winshield as it is standing on the inside of the truck. It was just a PITA just getting the Rain-X on the winshield and I'm 6'1"!!

Ok there bub I'm all of 5'9":lolsmack:

IMG00051-20091022-1742.jpg

IMG00052-20091022-1743.jpg

ok, on my way home the other day, i got a chance to take a pic of my windshield with my phone.. i washed the truck the day before..:eek:.. it looks the same when it's raining too..

thanks again for the help:cheers:

Yeah... Yellow pad, SHR a drill, and some time. It may take an hour or more to get it, but it's doable.

Chris

In my past experiences dealing with bad well water mineral deposits if you throw the yellow/orange pad on there with some SHR and your PC @ 6 you should be able to get those taken care of quite quick. This might sound like a dumb question but have you cleaned the inside of your windshield too?

In my past experiences dealing with bad well water mineral deposits if you throw the yellow/orange pad on there with some SHR and your PC @ 6 you should be able to get those taken care of quite quick. This might sound like a dumb question but have you cleaned the inside of your windshield too?

yes, the inside is clean and has no marks.. it's just the outside..

:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:YEEESSSSS!!!! i tackled the windshield today with the orange pad and SHR with my PC on 6.. went back and forth with it a few times and the stains seem to be all gone.. i did a 50/50 on the pass and driver's side and there definitely was a difference..

thanks again for all the help and advice!!!

:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:YEEESSSSS!!!! i tackled the windshield today with the orange pad and SHR with my PC on 6.. went back and forth with it a few times and the stains seem to be all gone.. i did a 50/50 on the pass and driver's side and there definitely was a difference..

thanks again for all the help and advice!!!

:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs: