Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detailed Challenger

JJ1o87

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get an Invisicord for it :2thumbs:

Funny you should say that I was thinking about getting it the other day. The cord is starting to annoy me.

My next question was gonna be how do you like it but i guess that answers it. Im thinking about getting a radar but im not sure about spending $400

If it saves you from a ticket it almost pays for itself. Besides, how often are you going to buy a radar detector? The V1 hasn't changed since it first hit the market years back. All you need to do is get program updates every few years and you're good to go!

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff,

what do you use to get in behind the wheels? You have the same brakes I have so I know the backside of your wheels get really dirty and I see you got them looking spotless. I typically use a soft toilet bowl brush but without taking the wheels off totally I can't get them THAT clean.

DSC00617.jpg

Edited by rha600

Jeff,

what do you use to get in behind the wheels? You have the same breaks I have so I know the backside of your wheels get really dirty and I see you got them looking spotless. I typically use a soft toilet bowl brush but without taking the wheels off totally I can't get them THAT clean.

DSC00617.jpg

Ahh yes, those Brembo pads throw a ton of dust, don't they? slap.gif

I clean the entire wheel every wash, because they get very dirty after a week or so - I don't have to tell you. I spray down the entire wheel, inside and outside, with All Purpose Cleaner. You can use Green Wheel Cleaner too, it does the same job. Now for the All Purpose Cleaner, I just spray it on - I don't dilute it or anything. I'm not a freakin' chemist - I just want to spray the stuff and be done with it. Let it sit for a few seconds, then I use Adam's Boars Hair Brush and go to town on them. For the back wheels the Boar's Hair Brush fits no problem. On the fronts, I have to use this cheap Autozone brush to fit under the section of the wheel where the caliper takes up. Other than that one section, I use the Boars Hair Brush.

I hope that helped. :cheers:

395.jpg

Edited by Rich

excellent. Yes that helped. Our wheels are different but I don't think the openings on mine are any smaller than yours so the brush should fit on mine too. I have the brush on my list for the next order.

I know that putting the EBC ceramic brake pads will help on the squeal and I think on the brake dust as well but I haven't tried them yet. But yes, these Brembos really suck for the brake dust they throw out.

quick question. yes, one more. Do you suggest just using the APC instead of buying the wheel cleaner? I have a whole gallon of the APC I havent' opened yet so if the only real difference is the smell then I will just wait and buy the wheel cleaner when my APC runs out.

excellent. Yes that helped. Our wheels are different but I don't think the openings on mine are any smaller than yours so the brush should fit on mine too. I have the brush on my list for the next order.

I know that putting the EBC ceramic brake pads will help on the squeal and I think on the brake dust as well but I haven't tried them yet. But yes, these Brembos really suck for the brake dust they throw out.

quick question. yes, one more. Do you suggest just using the APC instead of buying the wheel cleaner? I have a whole gallon of the APC I havent' opened yet so if the only real difference is the smell then I will just wait and buy the wheel cleaner when my APC runs out.

I'm actually tempted to pick up a set of Hawk Performance Ceramic Pads once the winter is over. I don't know what it is with Chrysler and brake squeal but both my Charger and Challenger have brake squeal on the front right wheel. The Charger is someone else's problem now though haha.

If you have a gallon of the All Purpose Cleaner, use it! I've tried both, and quite honestly, the only difference is the smell. They're both great products. But again, don't waste the gallon if you have it. Good luck with the wheels, if you have any other issues with them, shoot me a pm! Team SRT! :cheers:

Edited by Rich

I'm actually tempted to pick up a set of Hawk Performance Ceramic Pads once the winter is over. I don't know what it is with Chrysler and brake squeal but both my Charger and Challenger have brake squeal on the front right wheel. The Charger is someone else's problem now though haha.

If you have a gallon of the All Purpose Cleaner, use it! I've tried both, and quite honestly, the only difference is the smell. They're both great products. But again, don't waste the gallon if you have it. Good luck with the wheels, if you have any other issues with them, shoot me a pm! Team SRT! :cheers:

I've found that the GWC does do a better job on brake dust/dirt. The APC works a bit better on grease though. Just from my observations.

Edited by Rich

If you have a gallon of the All Purpose Cleaner, use it! I've tried both, and quite honestly, the only difference is the smell. They're both great products, but Green Wheel Cleaner doesn't have a carcinogenic smell to it. I expect an arm to sprout out've my stomach after I use APC. But again, don't waste the gallon if you have it. Good luck with the wheels, if you have any other issues with them, shoot me a pm! Team SRT! :cheers:

I can't speak for "other" chrysler products but I do know that the SRT8's with the brembo's all have brake noise and bad dust. just reading through the SRT forums I've noticed that and that everyone seems to be switching to those EBC pads. My dad does have a Dodge RAM and I don't think he has the problems we do with the brakes.

I can't speak for "other" chrysler products but I do know that the SRT8's with the brembo's all have brake noise and bad dust. just reading through the SRT forums I've noticed that and that everyone seems to be switching to those EBC pads. My dad does have a Dodge RAM and I don't think he has the problems we do with the brakes.

I had the same problems with the brembos on my Viper SRT-10 and my 750Li now OMG? bmws are notorious for sick amounts of brake dust. but my infiniti gets hardly any but has some serious brake squeal issues in reverse

APC is a little more powerful than GWC actually... I use GWC exclusively for cleaning wheels, tires, and sometimes lower rocker panels if they're real nasty. APC I use on the inner fenders, I cut it for use on the engine bay, or at full strength on really gunky tires. If you ever come accross a tire that someone has used some really nasty silicone tire shine on the GWC will take multiple treatments to get it all off... the APC at full strength will cut thru that stuff in a single use.

Both products have their place IMO.

Jeff,

what do you use to get in behind the wheels? You have the same brakes I have so I know the backside of your wheels get really dirty and I see you got them looking spotless. I typically use a soft toilet bowl brush but without taking the wheels off totally I can't get them THAT clean.

DSC00617.jpg

For cleaning behind the wheels the powerstick is ideal:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-405-adams-green-clean-power-stick.aspx

I can literally clean the entire wheel inside and out in about 5 minutes using this on the inner hoop and my brushes on the face. Something that used to take forever when I was doing it with brushes.

BMW's have a lot of brake dust. My dad 02 M5 could seriously be driven twice and the brake dust would already be bad. Of course every time he drove it you might as had been at the race track :lolsmack:

I swapped my factory pads for Posiquiet ceramics when I changed out my rotors for the R1 Concepts... the TBSS factory pads would dust if you even thought about hitting the brake pedal. LOL

For cleaning behind the wheels the powerstick is ideal:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-405-adams-green-clean-power-stick.aspx

I can literally clean the entire wheel inside and out in about 5 minutes using this on the inner hoop and my brushes on the face. Something that used to take forever when I was doing it with brushes.

I totally forgot about that! Nice call and thanks for reminding me! I have to add that onto my cart for my next order.

they look pretty soft. but I guess if they are working on his they would work on ours. although, for $50.... I don't know.

They are worth every last penny that you pay for them. After you get one you won't know how you ever got along without one.

I'm with ya, I'd rather scrub the wheels down with a brush.

Have fun with that... :D

I'm still weary about buying the power stick, are the cleaning things soft or hard? I feel like its not going to work on the inside of my wheels.

They are soft and that is exactly what they are made for. Don't knock it until you try it, you'll be kicking yourself for waiting so long to try one :thumbsup: