Customer Service 866.965.0400

Smearing?

jpu471

Question

Just finished 2 bucket wash,foam gun et.al.. Have Fmp on from last week so thought I would put on a coat of Buttery. Car looks great but hopefully you can see smears on the hood smears no matter how many times I go over it with MF and DS. Looks like Vaseline which moves around when you wipe it. Since I did the trunk in the sun and that isnt a problem I am guessing that the wax needs to set up longer? As always thanks. Ken

Picture031.jpg

Picture033.jpg

Picture039.jpg

6 answers to this question

When I waxed the car it was high 60's low 70's. The trunk was in the sun and dried to a good haze,while the hood was in the shade. So I think it was not letting ite wax dry. I put DS initially on the MF when that didn't work, on the paint. I think I will let it dry all day then when it cools off later will try again. Thanks Ken

So, I stripped everything off the hood and started over. Dawn, Adams Shampoo, clayed, Revive, my pc is is currently unavailable, and Buttery, it looks much, much better but lo and behold little tiny fibers coming out of my hood. MF and big white dt were just out of laundry, paint as smooth as... Must be sunspots :confused:

So, I stripped everything off the hood and started over. Dawn, Adams Shampoo, clayed, Revive, my pc is is currently unavailable, and Buttery, it looks much, much better but lo and behold little tiny fibers coming out of my hood. MF and big white dt were just out of laundry, paint as smooth as... Must be sunspots :confused:

See this thread about the fibers -

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4543

Did you use SMW after the FMP on the initial run? Did you use the PC? I noticed you went to the hand waxing for the second run. I don't know if not letting the SMW cure overnight would cause smearing or not.

Had used SMW one week prior to adding the Buttery. I redid yesterday by hand as my PC is being repaired. I now have a great shine but when I get my PC back will coat with SMW as the car is outdoors. Also boiled my MF this morning. I think the smearing was something with the temp or being in direct sun.