Customer Service 866.965.0400

Window tint removal

acrispy1

Question

12 answers to this question

peel back a corner with a razor blade then slowly pull it off like a giant sticker.... then the fun part allot of soapy water on the glue residue and use the Razor blade to scrape it off being careful not to scratch.

Either that or take it to a tint shop.

My husband is a body tech and he said to use window cleaner with alot of ammonia in it. Spray it and let it sit for about 5 minutes and then get a plastic scraper and get the glue off. He said the ammonia will cut thru the glue.

Then when your all done getting the yucky stuff off you grab your bottle of Adam's Glass Cleaner and make them all nice and shiny again. :D

The best way is to "sweat" it off.

Take some black trash bags and cut them to fit each window that you would like to remove. Next, spray the window with Windex getting quite wet with the solution. Next while the glass is wet, apply the black plastice over the glass. Make sure there is enough windex between the bag and the glass. Move vehicle into the sunlight for 1 to 2 hours. At that point, you should be able to remove the tint and adhesive in the same motion, by grabbing the top corner and pulling it off the glass. If it doesn't come easily, it hasn't sweated enough.

Take some black trash bags and cut them to fit each window that you would like to remove. Next, spray the window with Windex getting quite wet with the solution. Next while the glass is wet, apply the black plastice over the glass. Make sure there is enough windex between the bag and the glass. Move vehicle into the sunlight for 1 to 2 hours. At that point, you should be able to remove the tint and adhesive in the same motion, by grabbing the top corner and pulling it off the glass. If it doesn't come easily, it hasn't sweated enough.

Learn something new again....:D

I've never heard of this method before. Hmmmm.

I know from experience that removing tint is pretty tedious and takes alot of time to do it right. The problem isn't getting the tint off, its getting all the adhesive off. I can still remember spending hours with adhesive remover and a razor blade getting the tint off of an older car of mine.

I'd probably just have a professional do it if I had to do it again.