Customer Service 866.965.0400

I want to hand-wax

TrUcKeR

Question

11 answers to this question

Yes, Americana. Hand waxing with a liquid wax is a waste... like swirling and sniffing welches grape juice like you're tasting wine.

You'll need to break off a small chunk, work it in your hands until it softens and gently massage it into your paint. You should use a cross hatch pattern while you apply and take extra care to keep the consistency as even as possible over the entire finish.

When applied it should look something like this:

46e20612.jpg

FYI - be aware that the benefit to doing this is up for debate, personally I see more problems with it than benefits. Additionally you'll be using more product, but good luck to you either way. :2thumbs:

the heat from your hands acts like a catalyst, which allows the paste to liquify quicker, so you are able to spread it easier. your hands won't absorb the wax like a foam applicator will, so you don't have any wax wasted, stuck inside the applicator. that, and some people like to get real personal with their cars.

that, and some people like to get real personal with their cars.

Ding, ding, ding! Winnah, winnah, chicken dinnah!

I just want to feel my car. I'm only going to hand-wax it one time, and it will be in the spring when it warms up.

Ding, ding, ding! Winnah, winnah, chicken dinnah!

I just want to feel my car. I'm only going to hand-wax it one time, and it will be in the spring when it warms up.

Oh, on your car! Who knew? I was staying out of this thread, I just figured Rule 34 applied here. My bad. Enjoy.

Bruce

the heat from your hands acts like a catalyst, which allows the paste to liquify quicker, so you are able to spread it easier. your hands won't absorb the wax like a foam applicator will, so you don't have any wax wasted, stuck inside the applicator. that, and some people like to get real personal with their cars.

Thank you for the explanation! I have heard of this before but never fully understood what the reasoning was.