Customer Service 866.965.0400

Short on Time for full Clay/Polish, OK to Wax?

Eidolon

Question

I'm starting a drive to Chicago in my G8 tomorrow evening, and I'd like to get a coat of wax on it to protect it. But there's a catch...

I just washed my car, then dried it using the detail spray. It looks pretty good. There are some minor swirls in the paint that a polish would get out. Unfortunately, I have clayed and polished it before, but ran out of time to get a coat of wax on it. And that's been a few months.

So my car does not now pass the baggie test.

So I'd need to clay it, and a clay really needs to be followed with a polish. Then a polish would need to be followed with the wax. This is a heckuva lot of work to start on a Sunday afternoon at 5 PM.

So here's the question: is there some way I can get a protective coat of wax on it to protect the paint during the drive until I can get more time to really clay and SHR/FMP it to death later?

I have both MSW with a PC, plus Americana paste wax, at my disposal.

Thanks for the tips.

10 answers to this question

If you are stretched for time I would just do a quick coat of wax to protect it til you get home and can really spend some time with it. Honestly I would just do that anyway cuz who knows you could spend your time claying real quick and all that stuff but by the time you get back it may need it again anyway so why waist the time.

Great success! I wish I'd just a bit more time to spend, as the paint is still just a little micro-scratch hazy in some areas. A bit more time with the FMP woulda fixed that. Still... This is after one polish with the SHR/FMP together on the orange pad, followed with a quick going over with with the white pad and just the FMP. It was then topped with a quick coat of MSW on the black pad.

G8Waxed.jpg

G8Waxed-2.jpg

G8Waxed-3.jpg

Archived