Customer Service 866.965.0400

Do i need to re-clay?

tlsole

Question

Hey guys,

Well i am waiting for my PC to come in, in the meantime i had clay bared and had attempted to remove swirls by hand a few days ago. It didn't do the trick :o. So now i'm just waiting for the PC. My questions is, do i need to re-clay before i reapply swirl and haze? Or will a proper wash do?

Another questions comparing products (not sure if its ok to bring up :willy: but...), Meguiars SwirlX vs Adams Swirl and Haze remover. Can anyone tell me which one is more aggressive? Or is it about the same?

Thanks guys!

12 answers to this question

Hey guys,

Well i am waiting for my PC to come in, in the meantime i had clay bared and had attempted to remove swirls by hand a few days ago. It didn't do the trick :o. So now i'm just waiting for the PC. My questions is, do i need to re-clay before i reapply swirl and haze? Or will a proper wash do?

Another questions comparing products (not sure if its ok to bring up :willy: but...), Meguiars SwirlX vs Adams Swirl and Haze remover. Can anyone tell me which one is more aggressive? Or is it about the same?

Thanks guys!

I would say that SHR is more aggressive. Your clay job should be fine after a couple of days. Just wash it and do the baggy test to make sure its fine.

I did and some spots are smooth, and some little areas are slightly rough, i guess ill just clay those areas or should i just redo the whole car?

If you have some rough areas, then you need to still clay those. You want the entire surface smooth before you go on to the next step.

Archived