Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hot water wash??

09SL65

Question

15 answers to this question

Nice... I wish I could get hot water out of my hose.

Only thing to be cautious of is washing on cold days... if the car is cold and you go spraying hot water on it you can have all kinds of issues, body panels warping, glass cracking, etc.

How hot is it?? Are we talking warm water or scalding hot, just about to boil, gonna make a cup of tea hot??

I saw something n tv once, a lambo detailing shop was talking about using a can of wax costing $6000 (makes americana almost seem free :lol:

anyway, they where polishing and using a paint thinckness guage and everything was over the top, and the guy said, they have their water chilled to 37*F-39*F or something insanely cold and then filtered. They were in hot CA, and I assume the chilled water had something to do with taking less time to evaporate and you could wipe it off before it left water spots?

Point being cold water is free, I don't know why you would waste your money on hot water, it isn't any better and hot water is always more gray or white looking coming out of the faucet, so I can only imagine it will leave worse water spots.

I saw something n tv once, a lambo detailing shop was talking about using a can of wax costing $6000 (makes americana almost seem free :lol:

anyway, they where polishing and using a paint thinckness guage and everything was over the top, and the guy said, they have their water chilled to 37*F-39*F or something insanely cold and then filtered. They were in hot CA, and I assume the chilled water had something to do with taking less time to evaporate and you could wipe it off before it left water spots?

Point being cold water is free, I don't know why you would waste your money on hot water, it isn't any better and hot water is always more gray or white looking coming out of the faucet, so I can only imagine it will leave worse water spots.

Not sure where you live but here the water gets VERY VERY cold in the winter. My parents have had hot and cold water in their garage since they built it in '86 with a drain. (MY DREAM) What I did there was make a Y from the cold to the hot and would dial it in like a faucet in a sink. Too hot and it literally hurt my hands and too cold meant I couldn't feel my hands... lol Thankfully they leave for FL in the winter and I pull out their cars to clean mine... :banana:

Nice... I wish I could get hot water out of my hose.

Only thing to be cautious of is washing on cold days... if the car is cold and you go spraying hot water on it you can have all kinds of issues, body panels warping, glass cracking, etc.

How hot is it?? Are we talking warm water or scalding hot, just about to boil, gonna make a cup of tea hot??

Just warm.

Likely using the water to keep the surface of the paint cool. High end waxes with higher carnuba content cure faster and harder when its cold. I use filtered ice water in a sprayer when layering Americana, cuts down on cure time and ensures the wax sets up nice and hard.

Just warm.

Then you're good to go, there won't be any negative side effects, the benefits are debatable.

Not sure where you live but here the water gets VERY VERY cold in the winter. My parents have had hot and cold water in their garage since they built it in '86 with a drain. (MY DREAM) What I did there was make a Y from the cold to the hot and would dial it in like a faucet in a sink. Too hot and it literally hurt my hands and too cold meant I couldn't feel my hands... lol Thankfully they leave for FL in the winter and I pull out their cars to clean mine... :banana:

I need to come to your house to wash my truck in the winter :D

I run hot water through my pressure washer and makes it even more effective.

I also wash in Warm water when its cold out, I feel it helps to loosen the dirt more effectively like how rinsing pans with hot water gets the grime to come off faster. I don't know but warm water sure is nicer in the winter time.

Archived