Customer Service 866.965.0400

Claying over decals

mononoke6900

Question

I just purchased some Adams clay and detail spray and plan on claying my car. It is a 09 Dodge Chanllenger R/T Classic. It has 2 flat black decal strips down the side. Will the clay damage the decal? Will polishing and wax with a PC damage it also? Sorry I dont have any pictures of the car right now. thanks

9 answers to this question

I have a customer that owns a Pace Car Corvette and was wondering the same thing about his decals. I sought expert advice and spoke with Steve at Adam's. He told me the best things and safest to use are to clean the decals with waterless car wash and polish with Revive Polish by hand. Hope this helps.

Do not pass the clay across the decals, the transition will jam clay under the edge of the graphic and it can lead to peeling as it starts to lift the edge. Plus it looks crummy when you have clay caked along the edges of your decals.

Do as Elite suggested and tape off the decals before claying if you think it might be difficult to stay between the lines.

Do as Dylan suggested and make sure the tape you use is not masking or duct tape. A painter's tape with a real light adhesive will be your best bet. You don't want to leave behind any adhesive on the areas around the decals.

Do as Dylan suggested and make sure the tape you use is not masking or duct tape. A painter's tape with a real light adhesive will be your best bet. You don't want to leave behind any adhesive on the areas around the decals.

:iagree: painters tape is ur friend for all ur outside trimming of the car when using a PC.

I have a customer that owns a Pace Car Corvette and was wondering the same thing about his decals. I sought expert advice and spoke with Steve at Adam's. He told me the best things and safest to use are to clean the decals with waterless car wash and polish with Revive Polish by hand. Hope this helps.

Make sure that you don't put to much polish on the decals. a little goes a long way!:2thumbs:

Archived