Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hand Polishing Kit Came today now I need help

hawgfan

Question

I got it from fedex today, I used the new 2 sided app pad that came with the kit, I started with SHR and then went to revive polish, so what I think happened is I did all of this by hand and I still have micro lines in the clear coat, so do I need to break out the PC and if I do use the PC what product do I need to use. Thanks

15 answers to this question

Theres only so much you can do by hand...

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

And if you are trying to fix some paint that has been neglected for years, you are TOTALLY wasting your time. Sometimes, it's a workout to get scratches out with a PC. You think you are going to remove those by hand? Not in this lifetime!

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

And if you are trying to fix some paint that has been neglected for years, you are TOTALLY wasting your time. Sometimes, it's a workout to get scratches out with a PC. You think you are going to remove those by hand? Not in this lifetime!

no the truck is only 2 months old and my local detailer used a brush on it and it has micro scratches, so I thought I could get them out by hand, now it did help a little but I can still see them outside in the sunlight.

I have another question: Is it ok to go behind SHR with Revive or do I need to use FMP? I have watched all of the videos and all of them say to go behind with FMP but I was just wondering. Can I go in this order?

SHR

FMP

Revive

or

maybe do SHR, and then do a mixture of FMP, and Revive.

Thanks

no the truck is only 2 months old and my local detailer used a brush on it and it has micro scratches, so I thought I could get them out by hand, now it did help a little but I can still see them outside in the sunlight.

I have another question: Is it ok to go behind SHR with Revive or do I need to use FMP? I have watched all of the videos and all of them say to go behind with FMP but I was just wondering. Can I go in this order?

SHR

FMP

Revive

or

maybe do SHR, and then do a mixture of FMP, and Revive.

Thanks

First, keep it simple. There's no need to go mixing products. SHR, FMP, then the wax of your choice. You ALWAYS follow SHR with FMP. The only reason I would use Revive is if I were working on a very dark, flat colored car or a dark, flat colored paint with the slightest amount of damage. I would not bother using it on a car with any kind of flake or pearl in it (like a lot of cars today). It has very light swirl and scratch removing properties so that's the only kind of damage I would use it on.

First, keep it simple. There's no need to go mixing products. SHR, FMP, then the wax of your choice. You ALWAYS follow SHR with FMP. The only reason I would use Revive is if I were working on a very dark, flat colored car or a dark, flat colored paint with the slightest amount of damage. I would not bother using it on a car with any kind of flake or pearl in it (like a lot of cars today). It has very light swirl and scratch removing properties so that's the only kind of damage I would use it on.

I used revive on my brilliant black pearl paint and I had never seen it look more amazing.:glasses:

my truck is a Nissan Titan SE 4x4 and the color is Galaxy Black, which in the sunlight it looks like the night sky, with stars twinkling lol. The scratches in the clear coat are micro, meaning you can't see when you look straight at it you have to get at an angle to see them. I think I will just do it the right way and start with SHR, then FMP, and wax, or I might do the revive inbetween the FMP and wax, I have plenty of time on my hands so I will take my time and play with it to see what works. I have tried to take pictures of the scratches, but my camera won't pick them up, plus all I have is the sunlight to go by. I will post picks when I am done though. Thanks for the advice.

I only posted because my car has "flake or pearl" in the paint :)

Some of the paint jobs out there have a radical pearl flake in them. I don't bother using Revive on those because once the paint is corrected, the pearl stands out like a supernova. Case in point. Check out this before shot of a Jeep I did with major flake:

chrynats6.jpg

chrynats7.jpg

Check out how pronounced the pearl is now. It somewhat reduces the shine because it is so pronounced. The car actually looks like it has dust on it.

chrynats13.jpg

If you put in in the shade, it isn't as pronounced:

chrynats10.jpg

On the other hand, a paint job that doesn't have that much pearl in it is a good candidate for Revive. My car for example:

washpics3.jpg

Now just because I do it this way doesn't mean that anyone else has to. I'm just giving my opinion and the madness behind my method. Anyone else can of course come to their own conclusion as far as what it does for them. Although the correction process is somewhat set in stone, there are deviations that you can make at certain points along the paint correction process. For novices however, I'm a fan of keeping it as simple as possible until you gain the experience needed to deviate.

Archived