Customer Service 866.965.0400

Waterless Wash vs. New England Winter

MaxxChris

Question

Hi evreyone,

I live in new england and its the time of year when my daily driver that is always clean and well detailed with Adams products the rest of the year looks terrible from all the dust/dirt/salt residue on the streets. Would waterless wash be a good alternative for keeping the car clean when it is simply too cold for a traditional wash, or would it be considered "too dirty" for a waterless wash? Thanks in advance for the help!

7 answers to this question

I wouldn't use anything but traditional washing techniques if you have large pieces of dirt and such on the paint. I use the WCW for times like after it rains and there are water spots or just a very thin layer of dirt left behind by the rain.

Now having to deal with those conditions in Florida, I can only say that I would not us the WCW on a vehicle that has winter grim on it. I am familiar with it as I live in Chicago. Waterless Car Wash is for light dirt. Dust is Detail Spray. I use the WCW if I drove in the rain and there is only a small amount of dirt on the car. If it has the hard road grim from a long trip in the rain, it would get a normal bath.

It's important to realize that WCW is not a substitute for traditional car washing. WCW is good for taking care of very light film, or rain spots; anything more than that and I would wash with soap and water. However, here in New England, I just suck it up and let the outside of my car get as dirty as it gets during the winter. If your car is covered with salt and sand, it's better to just let it sit there (granted you put a few coats of wax on beforehand) rather than wash it and grind the dirt into the paint (and freeze your fingers off). IMO, just wait for warmer days where you can take your time and wash the car properly to avoid scratching it up.

Archived