Customer Service 866.965.0400

quick bsg question

Opeth

Question

Yesterday, I did a full detail and finished with a coat of MSW. The 12 hour cure window has passed and now I'm going put a couple coats of APW. My question: would putting BSG on first, THEN putting on 2 coats of APW prolong the effects of BSG or would it just negate the BSG?

Thanks!

8 answers to this question

Yesterday, I did a full detail and finished with a coat of MSW. The 12 hour cure window has passed and now I'm going put a couple coats of APW. My question: would putting BSG on first, THEN putting on 2 coats of APW prolong the effects of BSG or would it just negate the BSG?

Thanks!

You want to put APW on first ,wait a few days then BSG last.:burnout:

Many people put a glaze on prior to wax, it can hide tiny imperfections and it will look good :thumbsup:

But for maximum shine put another coat on top of the APW. Try it and see how you loe it, the worst thing that can happen is you don't like it and next time don't do it :thumbsup:

I've played with this combo a bit and while I have found it does hide imperfections better when you lay down BSG then top with APW it has drawbacks, the main one being that the durability is compromised. I saw a decrease in beading only a few weeks after application in relatively mild daily conditions and the product seemd to be 100% gone at the 1 month mark.

Theres also the issues with BSG and APW interaction... the ingredients don't like eachother too much so I saw a fair amount of clouding and hazing after the fact.

I've played with this combo a bit and while I have found it does hide imperfections better when you lay down BSG then top with APW it has drawbacks, the main one being that the durability is compromised. I saw a decrease in beading only a few weeks after application in relatively mild daily conditions and the product seemd to be 100% gone at the 1 month mark.

Theres also the issues with BSG and APW interaction... the ingredients don't like eachother too much so I saw a fair amount of clouding and hazing after the fact.

:iagree: I to did this it just don't work that well together.

Archived