Customer Service 866.965.0400

MIAMI MILE TOP SPEED EVENT! Part II

Congrats!!!! I never made it out there, so don't think I was ignoring you. I need to buy a helmet and maybe I'll make it out to the next one so i can run the jeep. both of my helmets are now over 10 years old. :(

That's cool. I'm sure they will have another event some time soon, before spring is over, I'll catch up with you then!

:2thumbs:

It was cold today! Up @ 0600 and it was 37 degrees, which is freezing down here! Got to the airport around 0800 and it was 42...still freezing! It only warmed up to 52 or so and it was pretty windy. Had a steady 10-15 mph headwind blowing all day! D@mn, why could'nt it been a tailwind!

I got 5 runs in and had issues with 5th gear, by that I mean I need a driver mod because I was like a bird dog hunting quail looking for 5th gear on 2 of my runs! Man-o-man! Max official speed today was 175.4mph. The GPS shot was from when I stayed in it a little after the traps.

All in all, a great day of fun and nothing broke! Yeah!

Enjoy:

Turbo'd Harley: was running low 170's.

DSCN0313.jpg

DSCN0283.jpg

DSCN0292.jpg

DSCN0297.jpg

DSCN0302.jpg

DSCN0308.jpg

DSCN0288.jpg

FSCN0306.jpg

DSCN0303.jpg

The fastest car out there today: 964HP to the wheels. AWD Nissan Celica, R4 or something like that. 203mph and he got out of it cause the wind was making it sketchy on the big end.

DSCN0299.jpg

DSCN0296.jpg

DSCN0295.jpg

DSCN0294.jpg

Cool pic from the way home:

DSCN0316.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Do you know how that G35 coupe did? It has our hood and front fascia on there but it looks like it has the intercooler from a Turbo system.

175mph and 177mph runs. It was a twin turbo. Bad @ss car...interior was gutted, caged, the driver said he did a lot of road racing with it. It was very nice and didn't run too shabby either!!!

Guest Luke Warmwater

I figured these guys would be there

One of these days I am going to get down there or maybe the Texas Mile. Sounds like a blast. From what I gather you can get a running start on a taxiway at Miami? Watching the Super Speeders video it looks like you have plenty of shut down room as well? Did you take any in-car vid?

I figured these guys would be there

One of these days I am going to get down there or maybe the Texas Mile. Sounds like a blast. From what I gather you can get a running start on a taxiway at Miami? Watching the Super Speeders video it looks like you have plenty of shut down room as well? Did you take any in-car vid?

Yeah, they were there last time in October. Really cool car. We go from a stop for 1 mile. Only a few cars in a certain class get a headstart.

The airstrip is 2.3 miles long---HUGE! Plently of room out there.

Yeah, I have some in car video, I have some from the last event, but I still need to edit the stuff I have from the most recent one.

As soon as it is done, I will post it up for you!

:thumbsup:

Archived