Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Member Check-In

VertimgoC502

Hello All:

I am new to this forum as well as to the use of Adams' Products. I need to slowly build my stock of all the various products and items used in detailing. I have a question as to the must try products. I own five vehicles with two being garaged all the time (BMW & Corvette). What is the absolute must try product for my Vette. It is a 2002 with 6,200 miles. It has only been washed since new and never waxed. Help!

Welcome Tim. I have an 02 Z06, but with 28,000 on it. What color?

I doubt if your Vette needs a clay bar yet, but if you take a plastic bag and put it over your hand and run it over the paint after it's clean and dry and it feels gritty or rough, then you should clay. Lots of good advice here, the best is to watch the videos from Adam and Junkman. They are the masters and you'll learn the most there.

Glad to have you along. :cheers:

I have watched many of the videos already - sorry not to mention that. I have a very good understanding of detailing as I have been around a few years. I have done most of my detailing with the normal over the counter products such as Meguiar's and a low cost buffer. I want to move toward more professional products. I do have daily drivers to practice on but am focusing on my 2002 Magnetic Red Metalic Corvette. The paint is basically showroom new. There are no swirl marks, scratches or stains. I want to apply an Adam's product. I will be using a Porter Cable 7424XP that I recieved as a Christmas gift. I want to order the basic must have at this point and gradually build my Adam's product stock. What product best fits for me?

:welcomebanner: Tim. I wasn't new to detailing when I made the move to Adam's, but like you I was wondering what products I should try to start replacing my old products with. I was initially looking for a polish and wax, and ended up getting Swirl and Haze Remover, Fine Machine Polish, Machine SuperWax, VRT, Glass Cleaner, APC, Clay Bar, Detail Spray and some towels, applicators, etc. I haven't been disappointed with any of the products. If you have a Corvette, then I'm sure you can appreciate what would be a relatively small cost to put together a nice inventory of detailing products. You want to take care of that sweet ride. :2thumbs:

Joey:

Thanks! I am somewhat hessitant to purchase any of the "kits". Although they offer a value, none seem specific to my needs and focus at this moment. Therefore, I guess I am searching for the silver bullet. Do I purchase the Carnuba paste wax or buttery car wax - I want to use the PC 7424XP!

I prefer to apply paste waxes by hand, so if you're wanting to use the PC just to apply wax, I would go with the BW. However, I haven't used the BW, but I've heard it's so easy to work with that using the PC isn't necessary either. Having said that, since I have a PC, if I had the BW, I would most likely apply it using the PC.

Since it's never been waxed, as recommended I would see if it needs to be clayed (which is possible since new cars can collect contaminants just being delivered). Then I would follow up with some Fine Machine Polish and top it with whichever wax you'd like to use (sounds like you're leaning towards American or BW). I'm sure you'll be happy whichever you go with.

If you want to use your pc you might consider MSW!

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=500 border=0><TBODY><TR><TH class=white align=left width=462 bgColor=#5a616f>Adam's Machine SuperWax</TH><TD width=19></TD></TR><TR><TD background=/images/box_04.gif height=135></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#f3f4f5><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=middle width="41%">139.jpg

</TD><TD width="59%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="54%"></TD><TD width="46%"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=redheading1 align=middle colSpan=2>Adam's Machine SuperWax</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" align=middle colSpan=2>Catalog No: D018</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" align=middle colSpan=2>Price: $24.95 </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=middle colSpan=2><SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript><!--var VariantMinimumQty_139_152 = 0;var SelectedVariantInventory_139_152 = 999760;function AddToCartForm_139_152_Validator(theForm) { submitonce(theForm); if ((theForm.Quantity.value*1) < 1) { alert("Please specify the quantity you want to add to your cart"); theForm.Quantity.focus(); submitenabled(theForm); return (false); } submitenabled(theForm); return (true); }//--></SCRIPT><FORM id=AddToCartForm_139_152 style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px" name=AddToCartForm_139_152 onsubmit="return validateForm(this) && AddToCartForm_139_152_Validator(this)" action=addtocart.aspx?returnurl=showcategory.aspx%3fCategoryID%3d17%26SEName%3dcar-wax-hand-polish method=post></FORM>

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>Adam's Machine SuperWax sets a new standard for machine applied car wax treatments with more shine, more protection, and quick and easy application. Reach your car's shine potential with Adam's Machine SuperWax!</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD background=/images/box_06.gif></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Like Chris said. The MSW would be the best for your pc. I use the Buttery Wax or the Americana Wax, but I do mine by hand. I've managed to avoid swirls and scratches (yeah, I have a few) for the most part on my 02. I've tried almost every product out there, but nothing has given me the results that the Adam's products have. Once I'm done with the wax, I always apply a coat of Brilliant Spray Glaze. It just adds that finishing touch. The deep wet shine I like to see.

000_1394.jpg

Tim,

I'm in the same boat. Just got a pc for xmas. I have a 2009 Shelby GT500. No swirls or scratches. I did clay it just because it had been driven this summer. Just ordered Swirl and Haze, Fine Machine Polish and Machine SuperWax. No desire to use the SH on the shelby, but will start with the FMP and move on to the MSW.

Because you're car is a garage queen, you might want to apply, by hand, the Americana premium wax. According to Adam, the Buttery Wax is good for cars that get washed and exposed. Yours gets neither. Americana sounds right for you.

Let us know what you get and how it works for you.

Archived