Customer Service 866.965.0400

Clay Bar not getting rid of THIS

GLBL WMR

Question

Finally got around to garaging my Camaro for the winter, and I noticed this on the lower wells behind the front wheels. I'm going to wash it again and Revive/Buttery it next weekend, but claying was not getting this off. Not sure what it is, I don't think it's road paint because the specs are too small. Road salt maybe? The picture actually makes it look worse than it is, but it's still NOT GOOD. What would be my course of action? :xfingers:

16 answers to this question

Ugh God I hope you're wrong. Although there have been several complaints about the quality of the paint on these cars - I mean I have just 7500 miles on the thing. I'll have to check it out further tomorrow.. I'm really hoping they aren't chips, they almost look too small to be chips to me. Thanks for the input guys.. I'll keep you posted if I have any luck.
Take it to your dealership and see what they say

since my car has wider tires up front then the back it picks up a lot of stones which chips by where the passenger door and wheel well are. mine isnt real bad...you cant really notice til you get real closed like your pic is...i wish i would have put that clear bra stuff on there but it is a little late now :(...hopefully yours arent chips

I have ghat on my car but for me it's like the rockers have been sandblasted and it's eaten through the paint.

Ugh God I hope you're wrong. Although there have been several complaints about the quality of the paint on these cars - I mean I have just 7500 miles on the thing. I'll have to check it out further tomorrow.. I'm really hoping they aren't chips, they almost look too small to be chips to me. Thanks for the input guys.. I'll keep you posted if I have any luck.

Is that pic after claying?:confused: Can you feel them with your nail ?

Yes, this pic was taken after claying. I don't necessarily feel the specs with my nail, however the area does feel rough. I guess my next move is to use APC as a claying lube - what should the apc:water ratio be for it to be safe on paint? Also, I havent clayed all that much, and I fear I'll mar the paint. How much clay should be in contact with the paint (surface area) wise?

Archived