Customer Service 866.965.0400

Broken record

jpu471

Question

Hate to bring this up again, but I washed my car today 2 bucket etc all the right moves, fine scratches everywhere. I took the white pc pad and some fmp by hand which took most out, i really would like a fmp hand applicator, anyhow. when I polished out the paint, there they were, hundreds of mf fibers I could shepherd them by hand to the hood edge where they made the car look fuzzy. I used the mf with detail spray and could feel the cloth drag which must be pulling out the fibers. Sorry for the rant its just I have been doing this for a while now and don't even feel I know how to wash the car. I have washed the towels every way possible. One other normal question, my car has super wax and bsg if I use polish or Revive does that remove them?

Oh remember mf stands for micro fiber although after today it could mean something else:)

16 answers to this question

Frankly I believe every now and then we get plush microfibers that leave tiny fibers....not lint but small fibers. This is not the larger pieces of the blue threads that sometimes occur with brand new towels. These tiny fibers may appear the first time or after using several times. Also had 1 of the white drying towels do similar. As this occurs I throw them away, new or old. When this happens it is very frustrating as you have washed the car and now this stuff is everywhere.

I've found the best way to get rid of them is to wait til the next day. After they thoroughly dry they wipe off faily easily, but then you need to wash the microfiber you removed them with ( usually shake contaminated towel vigorously before wash). On the glass I use the glass cleaning microfiber towels with or without the glass cleaner, whichever works at that particular time. Every time I wash the cars I watch carefully to see if this is occuring. If it is happening I instantly change towels and leave that area til last.

Know you've mentioned this before and so have I. Still believe Adams microfibers are the best, thus will keep using being mindfull that this annoyance can sometimes occur. The towels I have left seem to be okay.

Did I read that right? And if I did you're not talking about your Adam's towel correct?

For the first post:

Yes, each time you polish you are removing any protection you had previously laid down. If you FMP an area you need to reapply and protection (MSW, Americana, etc) to that spot again. If the towel is dragging something else is at work there. Have you tired just removing the polish without the detail spray?? FMP comes off almost effortlessly without the use of DS... and no where does it say you have to use DS for polish removal... its only if the polish is laid on too thick or becomes hard to remove. Try a dry removal of the polish next time and see if thats your issue.

As for the tiny scratches... that is likely b/c you are washing a 100% unprotected surface since you've polished away the protective coat. Keep in mind that a coat of wax or sealant will serve as a barrier between your paint and the mit. It doesn't really matter how careful you are, "naked" paint will take a hit no matter what in the wash process.

As for the FMP hand applicator... the blue Revive hex grip is the same foam density as the white PC pad... it may not be colormatched, but it will work just fine for hand application of FMP. As FMP wasn't designed as a hand product there likely won't ever be a dedicated FMP hand app. The blue pad and the Revive polish fills that role already.

Also guys (especially if you're throwing towels away) remember we stand behind every single product 110%. If you have ANY problems with ANY product, including MF towels, call or email us so that we can replace the product or refund your money +10%. I'd rather we put the money back in your wallet instead of reading the same issue rehashed repeatedly in threads. Give us the chance to make it right for you rather than throwing the towels away and just griping about it.

I'd also reiterate that the only person on this forum who owns more Adams plush microfiber than me would be Adam himself... I've been using these for far longer than anyone here, at a much higher volume, on cars other than my own, for magazines, car shows, photoshoots, and all manner of highly picky customers. Of the literally hundred and hundreds of MF I have acquired from Adam over the years (including the many years before I was a member of the team) I had maybe 2-3 towels ever give me linting problems. The frequency and severity of the issue expressed by some seems to be very uncharacteristic of a product I am so intimately familiar with.

Threw away about 3 or four and kept one for the inside of exhaust tips. It was so frustrating to finish washing and then have these fibers all over the car. Then spend 30 minutes trying to get them off to no avail, not wanting to take the Vette out with this mess on it and having to wait til the next day to finish removing. One time the frustration was even worse as I had planned to apply another coat of Americana after washing, then the horrid fibers arose, I refused to apply over them and had no time the next day for this. At that moment there was great gratification in hurling the offensive towels into the trash can, much more so than there would have been in wrapping, addressing and mailing them to someone. Sorry

Frankly I believe every now and then we get plush microfibers that leave tiny fibers....not lint but small fibers. This is not the larger pieces of the blue threads that sometimes occur with brand new towels. These tiny fibers may appear the first time or after using several times. Also had 1 of the white drying towels do similar. As this occurs I throw them away, new or old. When this happens it is very frustrating as you have washed the car and now this stuff is everywhere.

I've found the best way to get rid of them is to wait til the next day. After they thoroughly dry they wipe off faily easily, but then you need to wash the microfiber you removed them with ( usually shake contaminated towel vigorously before wash). On the glass I use the glass cleaning microfiber towels with or without the glass cleaner, whichever works at that particular time. Every time I wash the cars I watch carefully to see if this is occuring. If it is happening I instantly change towels and leave that area til last.

Know you've mentioned this before and so have I. Still believe Adams microfibers are the best, thus will keep using being mindfull that this annoyance can sometimes occur. The towels I have left seem to be okay.

Yeah I have that problem with the super plush blue towels. I'm not really a big fan of them. I use the white waffle weave towels for everything - they're great! Never had an issue with them.

:iagree::iagree::iagree: yea don't throw them away, I will pm you my address and you can send them to me. I talked to Ashley and tried the boiling thing on mine and it has worked so far. I do have a couple of towels that I will never let touch my truck, because the lint or fibers are so bad.

I am talking about Adams towels. They are the only brand I have. When this first happened I tried rewashing. Still happened. Now when happens i toss em. Like said, most of the time the towels are okay. But once in awhile something is wrong.

Why throw money away like that? Use them for door jambs, under the hood, exhaust tips... plenty of uses. If you still don't want to use them I'm sure there's plenty of people that would accept them, including myself. :jester:

Archived