Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana and msw polymer based?

GGEVOXFTMFW

Question

20 answers to this question

Yah and this was in the new evo x part of the site which I dont get why hes even sticking his nose in when he has a evo 9. This is what I responded back

"Say what you want man, I'm just sharing my results. AMERICAN is carnuba based, MACHINE WAX is synthetic sealant thats polymer based. Ive spent $250 on swisvax, and got better results from stuff hundreds of dollars cheaper. I just get bored sometimes, and always want to try different options. I really dont look for durability cars always being clean, but though some do. I just like the result of better protection over the synthetic, and going with a few layers of a good carnuba over the adams machine wax polymer sealant.

I help cars that have NEVER BEEN waxed or NEVER clayed, run through car washes its whole life, and I like helping cars that are in BAD NEED of details. I think I do a **** good job, and if you dont I could careless. You always have something negative to say on my detail posts, and everyone elses you try to put your "insight" on. Why dont you do something more constructive than always sticking your nose where it doesnt belong. Or as they say if you dont have anything nice to say....icon13.gif<!-- google_ad_section_end --> "

sounds like my moms truck. check my new thread about using the PC for the first time. She washes that thing with dish soap and bath towels:shiver:

I find that so called "detailers" like this guy who like to debate the ingredients of different products and discuss useless/pointless intricacies of detailing are usually over compensating for their lack of skill by trying to overwhelm people with their "knowledge". Its like they think if they can spout off enough 'facts' about products no one will notice that their results are less than stellar.

Just let him run his mouth... results say more than words ever can.

Any good product line utilizes a variety of options, some natural and some synthetic. Synthetic polymer ingredients have benefits for certain situations, just as natural ingredients have benefits in others. There is no one "magic bullet" in detailing, each situation is unique and requires a unique approach.

This guy's got his personal crusade for polymers. If there is 5% of polymer in the mix, then he thinks it is all polymer by his definition. As someone said earlier on another place here in the forum, if Americana was pure carnuba, it would be so hard that it would not be useable.

No company is going to tell you what the ingredients of their proprietary compounds are, especially any blends, and he is trying to prove he's right by his incorrect reasoning, as he is a fan of polymers. Good for him. Don't waste your breath or time on him. Life is too short to argue over little stuff like this.

You like your products, the ease of use, the results. That's all that matters. If that forum allows this guy to behave in such a manner and the moderators don't stop him, they are, in effect, supporting his behavior. Could be it's time to move on to happier climates, as that guy is going to be allowed to continue to behave in this poor way.

Ya I knew it was a no win situation with him haha

This guy's got his personal crusade for polymers. If there is 5% of polymer in the mix, then he thinks it is all polymer by his definition. As someone said earlier on another place here in the forum, if Americana was pure carnuba, it would be so hard that it would not be useable.

No company is going to tell you what the ingredients of their proprietary compounds are, especially any blends, and he is trying to prove he's right by his incorrect reasoning, as he is a fan of polymers. Good for him. Don't waste your breath or time on him. Life is too short to argue over little stuff like this.

You like your products, the ease of use, the results. That's all that matters. If that forum allows this guy to behave in such a manner and the moderators don't stop him, they are, in effect, supporting his behavior. Could be it's time to move on to happier climates, as that guy is going to be allowed to continue to behave in this poor way.

Any good product line utilizes a variety of options, some natural and some synthetic. Synthetic polymer ingredients have benefits for certain situations, just as natural ingredients have benefits in others. There is no one "magic bullet" in detailing, each situation is unique and requires a unique approach.

Hey Don. I hate when people pull all that noise. You car looks good as does pretty much every other car on the forum. I hate when people just attack other people over the internet because they can. You know when that happens people are just insecure in themselves. I can guarantee that you or any one else on this forum is going to get flack from me for their detail job. Sorry to hear that you are getting hassled on another forum.

haha thanks guys,

hes still talking "

Americana is a polymer-'nuba blend. It's polymer-based any way you slice it. This isn't exactly a secret.

The LSP is the least important part of the process. Its the prep that makes the detail. The GG Evo I showed you on the detailing board used a $10 LSP, but here was a whole lot of polishing done, beforehand.

I think there may be some confusion. In a general sense, sealants are MUCH more durable than nubas. The two don't live on the same planet as far as durability is concerned. This isn't even something that's up to debate, and, frankly, I have a hard time coming to terms with having to say it. FWIW, Adams sealants are (ahem) very similar to PB/CG offerings and are known for fairly poor durability. I've tested several, myself.

I'm not sure why you're upset. We all have to start somewhere, but that usually doesn't involve charging folks to practice on their cars. Almost every day someone shows up on Autopia and wants to know how to detail for a profit. First step, learn the craft. That takes time, practice, and experience. Good luck."

Hey Don. I hate when people pull all that noise. You car looks good as does pretty much every other car on the forum. I hate when people just attack other people over the internet because they can. You know when that happens people are just insecure in themselves. I can guarantee that you or any one else on this forum is going to get flack from me for their detail job. Sorry to hear that you are getting hassled on another forum.

I don't understand why people have to act that way but whatever floats their boat. Car care products are subjective just like many other things. In my experience, there are many good products out there, but the whole Adam's experience from the instructional videos, fantastic customer service, ease of use, and so on is what sets them apart from the competition. What it really comes down to is your process and technique. With good prep, the difference in your final results between premium products will be very subtle. The majority of people won't even notice a difference. Most people will see a nicely, detailed vehicle and appreciate the shine.

I also agree with Chris on the MSW. Gives a nice pop.:glasses:

sounds like my moms truck. check my new thread about using the PC for the first time. She washes that thing with dish soap and bath towels:shiver:

Ya i saw that nice results. I have a friend whos had his 350Z five years now, never seen anything. Other friend bought a 05 mustang gt new 5 yrs ago now, spent $33k and hasnt seen a thing. She had a 00 v6 stang vert she traded in, and never saw anything either. It had huge rust spoton the pillar of the windshield and like three other spots for a 5 yr old car. Thats just unacceptable. Some people think if they take it to a carwash that has wax in the wash, theyre fine haha:willy:

Yah and this was in the new evo x part of the site which I dont get why hes even sticking his nose in when he has a evo 9. This is what I responded back

"Say what you want man, I'm just sharing my results. AMERICAN is carnuba based, MACHINE WAX is synthetic sealant thats polymer based. Ive spent $250 on swisvax, and got better results from stuff hundreds of dollars cheaper. I just get bored sometimes, and always want to try different options. I really dont look for durability cars always being clean, but though some do. I just like the result of better protection over the synthetic, and going with a few layers of a good carnuba over the adams machine wax polymer sealant.

I help cars that have NEVER BEEN waxed or NEVER clayed, run through car washes its whole life, and I like helping cars that are in BAD NEED of details. I think I do a **** good job, and if you dont I could careless. You always have something negative to say on my detail posts, and everyone elses you try to put your "insight" on. Why dont you do something more constructive than always sticking your nose where it doesnt belong. Or as they say if you dont have anything nice to say....icon13.gif<!-- google_ad_section_end --> "

No he works at , or runs a shop on the east coast, and details professionaly I guess. Has a gray evo 9, and always compares how better his car turns out than mine. ANYTHING and EVERYTIME i post detail pix of my evo on evom he always jumps in and has something negative to say. Or everyone elses posts

I dont think I will ever use the MSW on the Charger because I always want that "pop" but Im sure Im gonna use it on friends/customers cars

Heres guys quote from diff forum.

Originally Posted by FJF viewpost.gif

If you're looking for durability, there are much better options. The car turned out really well. As for "fake mirror shine" attributed to synthetic LSPs, C'mon. AFAIK, the Adams wax you used is polymer-based.

I really hate to sound unkind, and please don't take this personally. Before one can charge folks and take on the responsibility of working on their paint without insurance, one typically needs more experience with every facet of the process. Good luck.

Edit: reading between the lines, it seems like you're getting your info from DB. Is that right?

Adam's Machine SuperWax is a paint sealant (synthetic car wax) :thumbsup:

Adam’s Americana is a premium paste wax made right here in the good old USA. Make no mistake, though, because this is no ordinary car wax. Adam's Americana is a secret blend that's guaranteed to snap the other guys head back like an original Shelby 427 Cobra. Yep, this is the right stuff!

I dont think I will ever use the MSW on the Charger because I always want that "pop" but Im sure Im gonna use it on friends/customers cars

Adam's Machine SuperWax is a paint sealant (synthetic car wax) :thumbsup:

Adam’s Americana is a premium paste wax made right here in the good old USA. Make no mistake, though, because this is no ordinary car wax. Adam's Americana is a secret blend that's guaranteed to snap the other guys head back like an original Shelby 427 Cobra. Yep, this is the right stuff!

Americana is a canubra wax MSW is a polymer wax.... I believe

What I thought thanks, have a guy thats a "professional detailer" talking **** about my pics of my detail jobs, and ALWAYS has something to say on how I do my car, and what im using. I made a post showing pics post adams, after switching from Meguiars, and he stuck up for synthetics, and said adams products are polymer based. Thanks RT.

Don-

Archived