Customer Service 866.965.0400

did anyone else get tweeted?

GTO Guy

I'll give an example of why I dislike it. A company I've used a very long time and am on a first name basis with the owner started doing a twitter thing based on it's what his marketing people said they should do. They offered a 10% discount on their products if you signed up and tweeted them. I asked if I could get that without signing up for twitter being a long time customer and I was told no. I was appalled to be honest. I don't get why I had to sign up for something just to get a the discount that many potentially unloyal customers were getting. So the bottom line is I didn't sign up and I didn't buy their product. I later talked to the owner sort of jokingly about it and he apologized and gave me a discount better then the twitter one but it's aggravating.

To play devil's advocate, the point of the tweet blast wasn't to reward loyal customers. It was marketing to get the company's name out to and to try to lure in people who didn't know about them before. The 10% discount is the "payment" that you're getting for giving them advertising and hopefully bringing in new customers. So by not tweeting the offer, you weren't earning the discount.

Please don't think I'm making a big stink over this because I'm really not. I am just annoyed at the whole twitter thing, not just Adam's using it and not even specifically Adam's using it, just the general use of it as a way of communicating now. It's everywhere news station, companies, etc. I think it's a horribly way to get your message out although I understand it's a quick way to get your message out. I feel that it decentralizes info which just makes things more complicated in a world that is already ridiculously complicated.

How about adapting to change and using new technology? You have to conform to what is changing around you, not the other way around.

I am not a fan of Twitter either, but if I want the benefits and information linked to Twitter I will adopt it on a limited basis.

In all honesty guys this was a VERY VERY VERY early stage of testing... note the picture of the bottle I posted doesn't even feature a label... don't stress out about a new soap hitting tomorrow or something... we still have a ways to go on this.

The tweet simply was to give a little insight into whats going on with Adams... not to freak people out about products being released. If/when we release this new soap there will be announcements made via a number of media, including forums, twitter, facebook, e-mail, etc.

I think ANY way you can get the word out is a good thing. If you don't twitter then fine... But a lot of people do and use it for EVERYTHING. I think there's a happy medium there but who am I to say.

I like all these new ways to keep in touch.

I'm sure people said the same thing about the phone when it was introduced.

Chris

How about adapting to change and using new technology? You have to conform to what is changing around you, not the other way around.

I am not a fan of Twitter either, but if I want the benefits and information linked to Twitter I will adopt it on a limited basis.

Adapting to change has nothing to do with it. I'm very adaptable. The thing is just like myspace, and facebook, and whatever tweet is a huge fad now and will be deserted in a year and companies and people will move on to the next fad. So my whole point was, we have a really nice site here where we can communicate and whatever. No need to sign up for anything else IMO, that does the same thing.

I'm not a fan of Twitter and have no plans to sign up either but others like it. So if they find out a few things a minute or two before I do good for them. Besides, as soon as a tweet comes out everyone runs here to discuss it anyways :lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

PS

I've tested a half dozen "new" car washes. The chances of it being better than what Adam has right now is so slim I doubt we will be getting a new one :2thumbs:

Archived