Customer Service 866.965.0400

Learned something this morning

694doorbird

Question

DON"T forget to blow dry the car after washing. You wind up wasting a lot of time drying. Yes, I washed the Ranger this morning and forgot to blow dry it. Wound up doing the drying process twice. Water kept dripping out from under the tail lights. door trim and bed liner.

23 answers to this question

Oh yeah and they really freaked when I used to be outside washing one and it was barely above 32 degrees.

I have washed my car colder. My record is 20 degrees. I use luke warm and have to do the rims last otherwise I get ICE build up on them.

Unless you have to wash and dry your car outside in the sun if that is the case I Ds and dry than blow the water out of the cracks and dry those areas again. Otherwise I get water spots on the parts of the car that I did not dry before I blew out the cracks.

That's how I do it... DS and dry with towel. Then blow baby blow! :banana:

do yalls nieghbors look at ya crazy like mine do when you are "blow drying" your cars?

After awhile they get use to it. Should have seen the looks I got last fall when I brought out the shop-vac to vac up all the remaining leaves in my shrubs. My wife was mortified. :willy:

Blow dry then spray the DS on

Unless you have to wash and dry your car outside in the sun if that is the case I Ds and dry than blow the water out of the cracks and dry those areas again. Otherwise I get water spots on the parts of the car that I did not dry before I blew out the cracks.

I usually use a leaf blower. This time I guess I was in a hurry to clean the truck before the next round of rain came through. I may try the air compressor next time. Would a 6 gallon one provide enough air to blow the car off and get the nook and crannies?

Archived