Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail Spray after drying

Sooners

Question

For the longest time, once I get my cars dry after washing, I would follow it up with a quick detail spray product of some sort to add some gloss and make sure I'm not leaving behind any streaks from drying.

I've been doing the same thing with DS. Wash, dry, DS. However, I know many of you use DS to help with the drying. I tried this, which worked great, but have a question. If you use DS to help with the drying process, once you have the car dry, do you stop there? Do you use anymore DS, or is the drying enough?

25 answers to this question

I tried the wash - DS - dry routine today. so easy to dry the car using this method, with Adams waffle weave drying towel. I may have gone overboard with the DS tho - used 3/4 of the bottle. DS is awesome.

Unless you were washing a school bus then yes ;) To dry an excursion I will use about a 1/5 of the bottle.

Great. thanks! Now I need to order BSG! :willy:

I knew I should have ponied up the bucks and ordered the premium kit!

lol EVERYONE needs BSG! Especially those with chrome.

Here's another suggestion. After drying the car with the detail spray and you're looking at the car instead of looking for streakes and using more detail spray, pull out your bottle of Brilliant Spray. Spray it on a microfiber applicator and do the whole car. Once it hazes over wipe it down and it will look better than then using just detail spray. It's call show room shine!!

Great. thanks! Now I need to order BSG! :willy:

I knew I should have ponied up the bucks and ordered the premium kit!

I have watched all of Adams and A.J. 'S ( Junkmans) videos, must ahve missed the detail spray thing. But I really appreciate all the good info on this site. One question I do have is how long does this process take with a swilred up car, week, month, etc.... just asking so I know

Start to finish on an average car like the Camaro I'd say a couple days easy.

I plan to spend that on my G8 making it beautiful again this year. Hopefully only a month away now...:thumbsup:

Hey John, Make sure you check out Adams Vids... He REALLY knows his stuff and he points out correct ways to wash your vehicle.

Chris

I have watched all of Adams and A.J. 'S ( Junkmans) videos, must ahve missed the detail spray thing. But I really appreciate all the good info on this site. One question I do have is how long does this process take with a swilred up car, week, month, etc.... just asking so I know

I appreciate it alot Chris, John

Hey John, Make sure you check out Adams Vids... He REALLY knows his stuff and he points out correct ways to wash your vehicle.

Chris

When done washing... Use the hose with no nozzle and just run the water over it to get the more of a sheeting action happening. Then you can either use a blower to get the water out of its hiding places or NOT and just spritz the car down with the DS and use a drying towel to wipe it dry.

It makes it POP!

Chris

I appreciate it alot Chris, John

OK a newbie question, how do you use the detail spray to help dry the car?

When done washing... Use the hose with no nozzle and just run the water over it to get the more of a sheeting action happening. Then you can either use a blower to get the water out of its hiding places or NOT and just spritz the car down with the DS and use a drying towel to wipe it dry.

It makes it POP!

Chris

Adam always told me to take the bottle, remove the sprayer and dump it over the car when done and then wipe off. Now that I think about it, I think he was making me use it up faster so I had to buy more... Dang that Adam.... lol

I just use it during the drying process and LOVE it.

Chris

I tried the wash - DS - dry routine today. so easy to dry the car using this method, with Adams waffle weave drying towel. I may have gone overboard with the DS tho - used 3/4 of the bottle. DS is awesome.

For the longest time, once I get my cars dry after washing, I would follow it up with a quick detail spray product of some sort to add some gloss and make sure I'm not leaving behind any streaks from drying.

I've been doing the same thing with DS. Wash, dry, DS. However, I know many of you use DS to help with the drying. I tried this, which worked great, but have a question. If you use DS to help with the drying process, once you have the car dry, do you stop there? Do you use anymore DS, or is the drying enough?

The only way I would use more DS after drying is to hit a spot that I missed or a possible streak.:cheers:

that is a great suggestion!

:iagree: Nice suggestion. Now I just need some BSG.

I was just wondering if I was overdoing it with an additional application of DS. Doesn't sound like it. Then again, most other people probably think all of us on here go overboard.:banana:

Here's another suggestion. After drying the car with the detail spray and you're looking at the car instead of looking for streakes and using more detail spray, pull out your bottle of Brilliant Spray. Spray it on a microfiber applicator and do the whole car. Once it hazes over wipe it down and it will look better than then using just detail spray. It's call show room shine!!

that is a great suggestion!

If it is a sunny day and i have the sun giving me a hand with the drying i generally dont need to go back with the DS and a micro, HOWEVER, on an overcast day when it seems like my giant white towel cant get QUITE all of it, i will go back with some MORE DS and a micro fiber. Thats just how I roll.

Archived