Customer Service 866.965.0400

Clean the Engine

seibert1814

Question

after i thought i lost my detailing dvd i found it and popped it into my laptop last night and saw the section on engine cleaning.....he made it look so damn easy lol....that tahoe didnt have any chrome/billet or painted pieces like my engine bay along with some of our vette' and stang' guys on here....do you guys try not to get the APC on those surfaces or does it matter?

Bangastang mad props on ur motor dude:thumbsup:

do you guys try not to get the APC on those surfaces or does it matter?

I just don't let mine get dirty :D:D:D

But if I did and had to wash it I wouldn't spray directly on the billet or painted pieces if I didn't need to, but if I did I would dilute the APC first and spray those areas last, right before rinse down and then dry them so you don't get any water spots :cheers:

PS

I always dilute my APC at least 50/50 anyways, it is strong :rockon::rockon::rockon:

I just don't let mine get dirty :D:D:D

:bow:im sorry we cant all be bad asses like u Bill:bow: lmao jk dude

it sucks cuz the engine area is the last eye sore that im tryin to take care of since the previous owner had it....the billet and painted stuff has helped alot

it'll get there one day:pc:

Once you get the MP 2 on the billet stuff and put some BW on the painted stuff it will be easier to just hit with BSG and DS every other week and you'll be good to go :drool::drool::drool::drool:

Besides, mine isn't a daily driver so it makes it MUCH easier to keep clean !!!

You do not have much to worry about on the 05 vette when it comes to water in the engine bay. Modern cars have some of the most advanced weather pack plugs and connectors EVER! Squirt away, and use compressed air to blow everything off....finish up with in and out spray :)

Well put Brian! I've cleaned hundreds of Vette motors, C4, C5's and C6's and never set off a sensor, never had ignition problems, never encountered a problem.:thumbsup:

Once you get the MP 2 on the billet stuff and put some BW on the painted stuff it will be easier to just hit with BSG and DS every other week and you'll be good to go :drool::drool::drool::drool:

Besides, mine isn't a daily driver so it makes it MUCH easier to keep clean !!!

yea with spingtime approachin ill need to stock up on almost everything

well i finally got up the nerve to clean my engine a lil bit last night....i couldnt get started till about 645 so i was losin daylight(ill never do this in the evening again lol)....i diluted the APC 50/50 in a little spray bottle.....i didnt go all out cuz it was the 1st time id ever done this.....APC worked pretty good for the little bit i used and got the leaf blower out as soon as i got done spraying to blow off excess water....didnt get to put any VRT on hoses or plastics yet cuz i immediately washed the truck after.

got up to about 70mph this mornin goin to work and it felt like the truck kinda hesitated a little bit....im hopin its just a little bit of water down in the spark plug hole that will burn off with some driving....if not im gonna hook the IDS up to it here at work and if it does have a slight miss i can pinpoint where its at.

Hi Ernie

Next time have it running when you rinse it off. And use a light stream of water when rinsing. With it running you'll know if you are causing an issue while you are doing it and can back off :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

But you'll probably be fine. I know there are some types of vehicles that don't like water under the hood but most newer ones are fine with it. Older Volvo's ? Or anything pre 1990 or ao I think was Adam's advice? Adam ?

Hi Ernie

Next time have it running when you rinse it off. And use a light stream of water when rinsing. With it running you'll know if you are causing an issue while you are doing it and can back off :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

But you'll probably be fine. I know there are some types of vehicles that don't like water under the hood but most newer ones are fine with it. Older Volvo's ? Or anything pre 1990 or ao I think was Adam's advice? Adam ?

I had it running....also covered up my filter on my CAI.....i drove it some more earlier and seems to be fine now:D.....i had a cheapy fire hose nozzle and i couldnt get the water stream the way i wanted it

I have forgotten what it is down here as well.....but its always a sign that the show season is startin up again:banana:

For now I would be happy to just get the cover off of the vette :willy::willy::willy: