Customer Service 866.965.0400

Clean the Engine

seibert1814

Question

Correct. You'll want the engine running so you know if it starts sputtering. Try not to focus a water stream directly on your engine components. Fortunately Corvettes don't have exposed factory air filter elements (unless you have an aftermarket one.)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBzsJRBU0Ns&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBzsJRBU0Ns&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Modern American and Japanese engines are easy to clean, and have little risk of tripping a sensor, or soaking the electric system to a point of failure. Keep the motor running, and the spray on the hose nice and wide. If you hear it sputter, STOP!

Older BMW, Land Rover, MBZ, Audi, and other European cars built pre-2000 can have sensor problems. Your dash can light up like a Christmas tree after a wash!

Steams of water are bad!:)

The way I detail my engine is with a pump sprayer. Spray on the cleaner let sit for while, put clean water and rinse with the pump sprayer. Then with a air hose blow everything down. Ask anyone that knows me and they will tell you could eat off my engine. Its also easier to get keep it clean that to clean it.:2thumbs:

picture.php?albumid=19&pictureid=139

Edited by Huckleberry

You do not have much to worry about on the 05 vette when it comes to water in the engine bay. Modern cars have some of the most advanced weather pack plugs and connectors EVER! Squirt away, and use compressed air to blow everything off....finish up with in and out spray :)

any tips on how to clean up a Lightning motor safely? i use the all-in-one Honda cleaner in the aerosol cans for quick touch ups for car shows but when it warms up again i really need to fully detail the whole engine bay.

Go here and watch the videos, Adam has you covered :cheers:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-videos.aspx

I wash my engine every time I wash my car. Using all Adams products, finishing off with IN and Out spray. I never have my engine running, and no problems. the C6 is built for it. Wash away!

picture.php?albumid=73&pictureid=429

Nice!:eek::jawdrop:

I'm using VRT for the majority of the engine bay.

Then use what little I&O spray is left to hit the tight spots.

Hummmm

I might try the Undercarriage Spray on the firewall, inner fenders and such.. When it gets warmer..... See how that works..

I'm using VRT for the majority of the engine bay.

Then use what little I&O spray is left to hit the tight spots.

Hummmm

I might try the Undercarriage Spray on the firewall, inner fenders and such.. When it gets warmer..... See how that works..

I used the UCS, and it worked fine. A little shiny, but everything looked *new*

i know everyone including myself is all for using adams products(because we all know they are great and they work:D:D:D:2thumbs:).....but i myself have yet to try this but i have heard this works awesome as far as cleaning engine bays......bathroom scrubbing bubbles.....anyone else on here tried it yet?

i only ask because of the recent stoppage if the in and out spray(that i never got to try out:mad:).....damn laws lol