Customer Service 866.965.0400

My freshly detailed Audi S8 with Adam's products

TerminA8r

Great looking car nice garage set up looks real clean, that's the best environment to detail in if you ask me.. And<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> </v:shapetype><v:shape style="WIDTH: 92.25pt; HEIGHT: 16.5pt" id=_x0000_i1025 type="#_x0000_t75" alt="0"><v:imagedata o:href="http://adamsforums.com/forums/images/smilies/welcomesmiley.gif" src="file:///C:\Users\Frank\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.gif">:welcomebanner:</v:imagedata></v:shape> to the forum!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add this to the list of items required to start a detailing business...CHECK.

Make money and afford an S8...CHECK

Marry Sophia Bush....CHECK

Life=complete

:jester:

I am super jealous of your lift, that is beyond AWESOME. That looks like a fun project, i would have dug that out a few more inches, do some insane rebar work and fill with high PSI concrete...cant risk an audi like that :D Im sure your good though!

MOM/DAD!!!! i want this for Christmas

After seeing the lift setup on that Gallardo, I'm so drooling for a mid-rise lift.

I would hesitate to inset it into the floor as I like to work in the middle of the garage for maximum room on the sides. I just pull the other car out of the way. Once you pick an inset location, you are pretty married to it.

They are 'portable' too, so I guess you could use it that way for a while to test your habits.

Oh man, would this be nice for detailing wheels/exhaust, polishing lower panels, wheel and brake maintenance, oil changes.....:drool:

Ooh, be still my coveting heart.

I looked at the price...really not a bad deal at all..around $1500 plus install or you could do it yourself. If I knew I was staying in this house, I would get one. I would put it in the center of the two car, and get a steel (or a stronger, lighter metal) plate and cover it up, and make it flush with the floor tiles so you wouldn't even know it was there. That way you can drive on it. I'm like you Dylan, I like the center of the floor idea. But that thing is sweet!

I looked at the price...really not a bad deal at all..around $1500 plus install or you could do it yourself. If I knew I was staying in this house, I would get one. I would put it in the center of the two car, and get a steel (or a stronger, lighter metal) plate and cover it up, and make it flush with the floor tiles so you wouldn't even know it was there. That way you can drive on it. I'm like you Dylan, I like the center of the floor idea. But that thing is sweet!

$1500 hundred isnt that bad at all. Its really not like its permanent. If you move just fill in the concrete and be done with it.

Is there locking pins that keep it in place as a fail safe or is it 100% hydraulic locked

$1500 hundred isnt that bad at all. Its really not like its permanent. If you move just fill in the concrete and be done with it.

Is there locking pins that keep it in place as a fail safe or is it 100% hydraulic locked

IDK, I would have to look at the product description, but something would have to be in place in case of failure. A simple blown hose and the car comes crashing down, doubt it. Probably has some sort of locking pins like you said. It looks extremly mobile, even if you didn't want to mount it in the floor. Hmmmmm.

IDK, I would have to look at the product description, but something would have to be in place in case of failure. A simple blown hose and the car comes crashing down, doubt it. Probably has some sort of locking pins like you said. It looks extremly mobile, even if you didn't want to mount it in the floor. Hmmmmm.

Every one I've seen has safety locking points every several inches or so. This one locks at 26", 32", 38", 43", 48", 52".

Scissor Lifts | TCPL6 6,000 LB. Mid Rise Lift / Portable Pad Lift

I've seen several others with similar locking points, one as low as 20". The ones that go up to 61+ inches make me nervous as the two legs start getting awfully close together. I like how they all run on 110V, not 220V.

This Mohawk one is made in the USA and looks super nice, particularly the unrestricted under-access and 6' lift height, but it's also ~$6000. Again the close legs when fully lifted just looks scary.

Mohawk Lifts USL6000 - purchase scissor lifts, scissor car lifts & truck lift contracts | Mohawk Lifts Consumer Site

Edited by AudiOx

Life=complete

I am super jealous of your lift, that is beyond AWESOME. That looks like a fun project, i would have dug that out a few more inches, do some insane rebar work and fill with high PSI concrete...cant risk an audi like that :D Im sure your good though!

It should be pointed out that both of those are D2 Audi S8s (as seen in the movie Ronin) but with D3 wheels. The D2 S8s were only '01-'03 model years, and while rare, can be had in the low teens. There's a guy (BruceM) on some of the Audi forums that has ties to the auctions and has tracked down many of the 'unicorn' D2 S8s for the members.

Similar with my '05 D3 A8, I got it for 1/4 of the new price and it looks almost brand new thanks to Adam's. Only those 'in the know' would know it's an '05 since the body style was the same until '10. When you take a classic design and take care of it, it looks MUCH newer. I find the Corvettes similar in this regard.

Now, regarding Sophia, I'll take Vergara. :)

Life=complete

Thank you. The hole is deeper than it looks. I dug out plenty of rocks and dirt. New pour was almost 4 inches thick. I've had a Suburban 1500 on it a few times, no problems. :cheers:

picture.php?albumid=87363&pictureid=178772

It should be pointed out that both of those are D2 Audi S8s (as seen in the movie Ronin) but with D3 wheels. The D2 S8s were only '01-'03 model years, and while rare, can be had in the low teens. There's a guy (BruceM) on some of the Audi forums that has ties to the auctions and has tracked down many of the 'unicorn' D2 S8s for the members.

Similar with my '05 D3 A8, I got it for 1/4 of the new price and it looks almost brand new thanks to Adam's. Only those 'in the know' would know it's an '05 since the body style was the same until '10. When you take a classic design and take care of it, it looks MUCH newer. I find the Corvettes similar in this regard.

Now, regarding Sophia, I'll take Vergara. :)

Meh, she's alright I guess. :jester:

And I know those are D2's, remember your talking to an Audi nut :thumbsup: if I would ever do an a/s 8 I would only buy used since they depreciate so insanely fast. He deff did his s8 right with the D3 rims. And Yeah, yours looks fantastic.

incase your wondering ....I knew :jester:

Thank you. The hole is deeper than it looks. I dug out plenty of rocks and dirt. New pour was almost 4 inches thick. I've had a Suburban 1500 on it a few times, no problems. :cheers:

picture.php?albumid=87363&pictureid=178772

I'm sure your alright, I'm a guy that way overkills and lives by the saying "if it's worth doing its worth overdoing" lol did you think about adding a drain so you can wash your car indoors?

Did you use a rotary hammer or jack hamer do chip that up?

Meh, she's alright I guess. :jester:

And I know those are D2's, remember your talking to an Audi nut :thumbsup: if I would ever do an a/s 8 I would only buy used since they depreciate so insanely fast. He deff did his s8 right with the D3 rims. And Yeah, yours looks fantastic.

incase your wondering ....I knew :jester:

Well, I figured, but if you can afford a Mini, you can DEFINITELY afford a D2 S8. No a D3 S8, that's still pretty pricey, I think a '07 or so would still be $40k. Ouch.

And, some of the history was for the others that might be interested. This board is understandably American-make-centric. I've learned a ton about the American makes being on this forum. I think it's neat that of the imports on here, Audi above all has a bit of a foothold.

Edited by AudiOx

Nice car. Did an awesome job in it. I like everyone else like the lift idea and may have to steel that idea when the wife and I buy our house since we both work on our vehicles. Also, how do you like those floor tiles?

Thanks. The race-deck is good.......... but sometimes, just okay.

Pros: Floor feels warmer compared to concrete. Looks good. Easy to install. Endless opportunities with patterns and colors.

Cons: A little noisy when you walk on it, ( some of the tiles are not in 100% contact with the concrete). Kind of a pain to keep clean. Tiles buckle when the sun hits them in the summer, (garage facing south), even though there are plenty of space on the sides for the tiles to move. Too much friction I guess.

Thanks. The race-deck is good.......... but sometimes, just okay.

Pros: Floor feels warmer compared to concrete. Looks good. Easy to install. Endless opportunities with patterns and colors.

Cons: A little noisy when you walk on it, ( some of the tiles are not in 100% contact with the concrete). Kind of a pain to keep clean. Tiles buckle when the sun hits them in the summer, (garage facing south), even though there are plenty of space on the sides for the tiles to move. Too much friction I guess.

Excellent input. Thanks. I may just go for the garage floor paint and make sure all the proper prep work is done.

Love the S8s. I wish my D2 held up. I should've paid more for a nicer example, but love the D3, so it all ended well.

Excellent input. Thanks. I may just go for the garage floor paint and make sure all the proper prep work is done.

Love the S8s. I wish my D2 held up. I should've paid more for a nicer example, but love the D3, so it all ended well.

Thank you. Looks like you found a nice D3, love the color, I bet it looks different almost every day, depending on the sunlight?

One of my D2's is a similar color, amethyst gray mica, and it changes from a deep purple in sunlight to a dark grey, almost black in flat light.......

P1010001w.jpg

IMG_6133.jpg

IMG_3722.jpg

IMG_2905.jpg

:cheers:

Thank you. Looks like you found a nice D3, love the color, I bet it looks different almost every day, depending on the sunlight?

One of my D2's is a similar color, amethyst gray mica, and it changes from a deep purple in sunlight to a dark grey, almost black in flat light.......

P1010001w.jpg

Oooh! Love the look of the fat-fives on the D2.

Yes, the Oyster Gray can look gray, blue, or purple depending on the light and viewing angle. Love it.

My favorite money shot of the trunk after my first night of paint correction:

audiox-albums613-3187.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So my "Lets Bang it out in a couple of weekends garage project" is finally done........

This is the 3rd bay in our tandem garage.

Before:

P1010003-17.jpg

After:

P1010001-1-3.jpg

I still have a couple of aesthetic details left but for the most part it's completed. This project took a little longer than first expected. But considering that EVERYTHING is made from sheets of particle boards and laminate, I guess it makes sense. The fact that I have never work with laminate or used a router didn't speed tings up either. Anyways here is the latest addition to the "Cave".

• 1 month later...