Customer Service 866.965.0400

Pollen removal

694doorbird

Question

My wife brings her shiny red Charger home. Comes in the house saying that it's all covered in yellow. I realized that it's got a fine coat of pollen. This is what I did:

Blew it off with the air compressor,

Dusted it with the California duster,

Wiped down with WW.

What do you think, proper procedure, or should I do something different?

8 answers to this question

Hey Mike, the wind sure was blowing here in OKC yesterday, so I'm sure it was the same up your way. Plus, there was a ton of crap in the air. My wife's car was outside all day. When we got home, I cleaned the glass, and my blue glass towel was covered in yellow when I was done. I assumed it was pollen as well.

As long as it is not stuck to the clear coat, you should be fine.

The air compressor gets some of it off. The duster gets it down to about 90%. After the duster, the only pollen I see in in the nooks and crannies. The WW gets the rest of it off. This week it has turned into a full time job, but there is less and less showing up. Maybe after tonight's storms the pollen will be gone.

In Portland, OR we have the same problem right now - when it's not raining! Last Saturday was a rare sunny day. So I got out the PC and "MSW'd" my wife's car.

Wouldn't you know it- an hour later the white Acura was greenish-yellow from the pollen. However, the next day it was raining. All the other cars were a nasty color from the rain and pollen. The white Acura with MSW... perfect!

The layer of MSW kept the pollen off the paint and the rain washed it away...

Archived