Customer Service 866.965.0400

Why waffle weave for WCW?

Sooners

Question

Can someone explain why the WCW towels are a waffle weave? It seems like a microfiber towel with a thick nap is usually recommended for waterless washes, so it can pick up and trap dirt.

I think the WCW and the WCW towels work great, but I was just wondering what the reasoning was for the choice of towel. A thicker towel seems like it would be safer.

5 answers to this question

The dirt tends to find its ways into the pockets of the weave versus riding on the surface. WW does such an excellent job of lifting and encapsulating the dirt that it would simply ride the surface of the plush towels.

Also the plush towels are not very absorbent, especially of a product like WW... try wiping some WW around on your car with a plush towel and you'll see right away, the product doesn't so much soak into the towel and just gets smeared around on the paint.

The dirt tends to find its ways into the pockets of the weave versus riding on the surface. WW does such an excellent job of lifting and encapsulating the dirt that it would simply ride the surface of the plush towels.

Also the plush towels are not very absorbent, especially of a product like WW... try wiping some WW around on your car with a plush towel and you'll see right away, the product doesn't so much soak into the towel and just gets smeared around on the paint.

Sounds good. Being that the plush towels aren't that absorbent, would it make more sense to also use the DS with the WW towels? The plush towels are great at removing polishes/waxes, but I agree they're not that absorbent.

Sounds good. Being that the plush towels aren't that absorbent, would it make more sense to also use the DS with the WW towels? The plush towels are great at removing polishes/waxes, but I agree they're not that absorbent.

not really because you don't want the towel to absorb all of the DS... remember DS has gloss enhancers in it, so part of its benefit is it makes the paint glossy. If you used a WW towel you'd likely sop up the product before it had a chance to deposit the gloss enhancer.

Archived