Customer Service 866.965.0400

Halogen lights

jpu471

Question

4 answers to this question

You can use them outdoors as well, the point of using them indoors is to give you a "sun-like" figure to identify your imperfections. The sun itself would be much more effective, but it doesn't always cooperate.

I find that they work VERY well but a flash from a camera opens up a WHOLE new world of imperfections.

I had a part on my motorcycle pretty flawless looking under halogens but when I took a photo... BAM! I was amazed... Needless to say... It's good enough for me. It'll have a tank bag stuck on it at some point so it'll never be perfect.

Chris

You can use them outdoors as well, the point of using them indoors is to give you a "sun-like" figure to identify your imperfections. The sun itself would be much more effective, but it doesn't always cooperate.

Exactly.

The halogens will work outside, but you may need to focus the light on one spot at a time... In a darkened garage you can pretty much get half of a good sized car without moving the light, but the more ambient light you have the more focused you have to be with the light to reveal the imperfections.

Exactly.

The halogens will work outside, but you may need to focus the light on one spot at a time... In a darkened garage you can pretty much get half of a good sized car without moving the light, but the more ambient light you have the more focused you have to be with the light to reveal the imperfections.

:iagree:And yes the sun doesn't always cooperate!:D

Archived