Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cleaning Lightning seats

kwalker

Question

Hey there, I just wanted to see if anybody here had any experience cleaning the suede on the lightnings seats? Mine aren't filthy by any means, I just wanted to give them a gentle cleaning. What product would you guys suggest? Thanks!

11 answers to this question

alcantara dylan. When i had mine i used some woolite diluted with water and in a spray bottle and cleaned them great and made them look new. If you have any fraying on your drivers bolster some sand paper can fix that as well and make it look new again. MAn I miss my 02 lightning

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

On this same subject. I have Katzkin "suedeskin" and am not sure what would work on them. Would Woolite work on these too?

Woolite mixed in a low concentration is safe for darn near anything as long as its not REAL suede and you don't saturate the surface. Mist it onto a clean towel and lightly wipe at any surface dirt.

alcantara dylan. When i had mine i used some woolite diluted with water and in a spray bottle and cleaned them great and made them look new. If you have any fraying on your drivers bolster some sand paper can fix that as well and make it look new again. MAn I miss my 02 lightning

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

About what ratio of woolite to water did you use when you cleaned em? No fraying yet but I know that's a common problem with these seats. What grit would you say? ~220 maybe? I am loving my truck, I need to get it polished up and take a few pictures. I went and picked up a couple of box traps, I have a road trip planned for the cat that's been sleeping on it....

About what ratio of woolite to water did you use when you cleaned em? No fraying yet but I know that's a common problem with these seats. What grit would you say? ~220 maybe? I am loving my truck, I need to get it polished up and take a few pictures. I went and picked up a couple of box traps, I have a road trip planned for the cat that's been sleeping on it....

Try 400 if they are not to bad. Thats all i ever had to use

Taking the cat out to coyote country? ;)

Archived