Customer Service 866.965.0400

Today's plan for my new truck

Bill-V8V

Question

All comments or suggestions for a better process are welcomed !!!!!

The first step was actually yesterday. It was to NOT let the dealer wash it before I took delivery !!!! In the long run it will probably save me a few hours of correction work today :thumbsup:

So here is the plan for today.

WASH/CLAY :

Adam's Car Wash, hopefully the rain will at least slow down for a few minutes, wouldn't want it to get wet :willy:

In the garage for drying and then lots of clay, right now the finish feels like sandpaper.

Back out for another wash.

PAINT/CORRECTION

Inspect the finish and make the decision on SHR w/ orange pad or FMP w/ white pad. If I had to guess I'lll probably be starting with SHR.

But even if I do start with SHR w/ orange I will be following with FMP w/ white.

Next will be RP w/gray pad.

Then MSW w/gray pad followed by a layer of BW by hand. Last step will be BSG !!!

EXTERIOR

Of course the glass will get clay and BSG.

The tires will be cleaned with APC and dressed with VRT.

BW and BSG for the rims

Under carriage will be scrubbed and dressed with UCS

Under the hood will also get a APC scrub followed by I&O Spray

INTERIOR

Interior will get VRT on plastics and LC for the leather.

Did I miss anything ?

I will be doing a FULL write up when done :thumbsup:

I was doing the first wash and God decided I needed more water so I actually had too do that twice. And the engine bay is done. I just finished drying and will start the clay at 2 PM, I take lots of breaks:willy:

Clay from 2 to 4 then another wash and I should be ready for paint correction after a dinner !!!!! And good idea on the RP for the rims :thumbsup:

Wish me :xfingers:

Yup :thumbsup:

I just finished all the washing and claying, it's starting to take shape now.

After dinner I'll start the polishing then probably call it a night.

So far I have

Washed exterior

Washed Engine bay

Dressed Engine Bay

Clayed entire exterior including glass and rims

Washed again

It's ready now for the polishing, after inspecting my work I am going to try FMP on a white pad first on a section of the hood that seems to need the most love. If that does the trick on that spot I will continue on, if not I will switch to SHR and an orange pad and see what that gets me. I'll probably be doing all the dressing and waxing tomorrow :thumbsup:

I'll be posting about 20 or 30 pictures when it is all done :willy:

All comments or suggestions for a better process are welcomed !!!!!

The first step was actually yesterday. It was to NOT let the dealer wash it before I took delivery !!!! In the long run it will probably save me a few hours of correction work today :thumbsup:

So here is the plan for today.

WASH/CLAY :

Adam's Car Wash, hopefully the rain will at least slow down for a few minutes, wouldn't want it to get wet :willy:

In the garage for drying and then lots of clay, right now the finish feels like sandpaper.

Back out for another wash.

PAINT/CORRECTION

Inspect the finish and make the decision on SHR w/ orange pad or FMP w/ white pad. If I had to guess I'lll probably be starting with SHR.

But even if I do start with SHR w/ orange I will be following with FMP w/ white.

Next will be RP w/gray pad.

Then MSW w/gray pad followed by a layer of BW by hand. Last step will be BSG !!!

EXTERIOR

Of course the glass will get clay and BSG.

The tires will be cleaned with APC and dressed with VRT.

BW and BSG for the rims

Under carriage will be scrubbed and dressed with UCS

Under the hood will also get a APC scrub followed by I&O Spray

INTERIOR

Interior will get VRT on plastics and LC for the leather.

Did I miss anything ?

You missed the beer break. Have to stand back and observe the results of each step.

While doing the last few steps I figured out what the next new product should be. I vote for a combination of Revive Polish and Buttery Wax. Call it Adam's All in One !!!!!!

Feel free to put some BSG it it too :glasses:

OK, so I finished up a little while ago, I am really happy with the results :banana:

So here are the before and afters

WASH/CLAY :

I started with a nice dirty truck

Image-417915FBB38211DD.jpg

I mixed up a bucket with my grit guard-Adams wash pad and some Adam's car wash

Image-41793F96B38211DD.jpg

I love the suds from this stuff !!!!

Image-417A6C72B38211DD.jpg

Next was the clay, if your not using clay on your new vehicle you are really missing out !!! Look what I got just off of my hood.

Image-417B129EB38211DD.jpg

continued:

ENGINE BAY

I started under the hood by lightly spraying everything down with water then spraying everything down with a 50/50 mix of APC. Being a new truck it wasn't too bad under there but it wasn't good either :lolsmack:

I then scrubbed everything down with my wheel well brush.

Before:

Image-417954C2B38211DD.jpg

Image-41796728B38211DD.jpg

After drying off and sprayed with In and Out Spray:

Image-41799144B38211DD.jpg

Image-4179F9B0B38211DD.jpg

Image-417A1BBEB38211DD.jpg

I then moved on to the wheels:

WHEELS:

I sprayed with the same 50/50 mix of APC and scrubbed down the tire and wheel well with the wheel well brush then osed a nice soft boars hair brush for the rims.

Before/ soaking (don't let clear coated rims soak long in APC even if cut 50/50 2 minutes is a minute too long)

Image-417A2FA9B38211DD.jpg

After scrubbing

Image-417A41A4B38211DD.jpg

Rinsed but not dressed yet, the dressed pictures will be in the last segment.

Image-417A56FFB38211DD.jpg

And now on to the paint, first let me say that I am the worlds worst photographer. Taking pictures of swirls is not something I have ever been able to do correctly indoors but there were planty on this probably from when the truck was first delivered to the dealership.

EXTERIOR:

I started out trying Swirl and Haze Remover (SHR) with a white pad but that wasn't enough so I moved to SHR and an Orange pad. While this was close it still didn't get me where I wanted to go. In my opinion Adam is correct, he needs a compound or more aggressive polish in the line up. I'll be first in line to order some as soon as it's available :cheers:

So after my first step I moved to Fine Machine Polish (FMP) with a while pad and the results were really looking good at that point, FMP finished down really nice :2thumbs:

After that I went to Revive Polish (RP) by hand. This being my first time using RP I can not tell you how happy I am with it !!!!! It just added all the depthand reflectivity that I was looking for, GREAT STUFF :glasses:

I then followed the RP with Buttery Wax (BW), :2thumbs: Let me know what you think:

Just a couple before :

Image-417AD446B38211DD.jpg

Image-417B016FB38211DD.jpg

AFTER:

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

Thanks for looking :cheers:

Great work!! Looks like you can reach right into that door panel and grab some leaves!

Don't you just love In & Out Spray?

Thanks Jason :thumbsup:

And I do love IOS !!!!!!!

You still have some explaining to do young man, how could you let me go this long with out trying RP :willy: I LOVE THAT STUFF !!!!!!

Looks very good Bill. Time to go watch some football and relax!

Did you forgo the Machine Super Wax?

After awhile it was just time to put the machine down and after seeing the results from the RP I decided BW would look great on it. After dinner and some football watching I'll probably go down the try out that BSG :D

That's a great write up Bill! Your truck looks brand new! :lolsmack:

What color is it? In the close up pics it looks like a cherry red metallic, but the distant shots look black. Gorgeous no matter what color. Have a soda on me for all that hard work. :cheers:

Wanna come do mine now? :D

That's a great write up Bill! Your truck looks brand new! :lolsmack:

What color is it? In the close up pics it looks like a cherry red metallic, but the distant shots look black. Gorgeous no matter what color. Have a soda on me for all that hard work. :cheers:

Wanna come do mine now? :D

:lolsmack: Yup, Dark Cherry Metallic, if I could get to where you are without getting my nice clean truck dirty I'd do it :cheers: