Customer Service 866.965.0400

Revive Polish and Buttery Wax on PC?

dave_zok

Question

I know that Adams sells Fine Machine Car Polish and Machine SuperWax, and i have about 3 bottles of each.

But i have 1 bottle of Revive polish and buttery Wax and wanted to know if they would do the same thing. I use a PC to polish and wax.

:help: Because i dont want to hand polish and I dont want to not use it. I guess i could sell it but i dont want to either.

14 answers to this question

Sure you can! A gray or white pad for the revive depending on if you want any correction at all and a gray pad for the buttery.

Revive really won't do any correcting so a white pad will help if you needs some.

Buttery is a GREAT wax but with Americana and MSW in my arsenal I never use the bottle I have.

I need to give it to someone...

Chris

I used the white pad and revive this past weekend on my gf's car and it worked great. My white pad is BLUE now though, gotta hit it with some APC and see if I can get it out before I try to use it for FMP again. I doubt the color would hurt the performance of the pad though, so it really doesnt bother me.

I just decided to try it because I had the revive sitting there screaming at me for a while and hadnt used it yet. It made the blue and metallic in her car look really NICE.

Yup - the magic that is Revive. Also, if you have a friend you want to do a favor for, do a wash, revive, and buttery treatment. It's really fast, and you can have them help too. And buttery wax is no slouch - remember, it used to be just FMP and Buttery Wax on Adam's roster! Plus, if it's hot out, you can do buttery wax application and removal with NO problems

Back to the core of the post- I have not used Buttery with a PC, but have used Revive on a white pad. I would think that if you wanted to use buttery with a pad it would be the gray pad with low OPMs - basically using the PC to spread it out. It's so easy I would do the buttery by hand!

Thanks for all of the help. I do like the buttery wax and cannot tell to much differnace between that and the MSW. I will proabably try the revive on the white pad soon.

There's a HUGE difference. MSW is truly a sealant and lost WAY longer than Buttery. Buttery is a great wax though. Just not as long lasting.

Chris

many people top msw with buttery or americana and it produces great results. this combination is recommended for daily drivers and cars that spend a significant amount of time outdoors. the base layer of msw provides protection from the elements while the wax on top provides an added shine.

many people top msw with buttery or americana and it produces great results. this combination is recommended for daily drivers and cars that spend a significant amount of time outdoors. the base layer of msw provides protection from the elements while the wax on top provides an added shine.

great info :thumbsup:

Archived