Customer Service 866.965.0400

Junkman Kit first detail *pics*

blackws6ta

Question

Hey guys. Just received my Junkman kit this wednesday. Had a gorgeous sunday in Ohio and I decided to do a full detail. I started out with APC on the rims and tires. Then rinsed heavy dirt off the truck with a firehose nozzle. Grabbed the foam gun and foamed the entire truck twice with Adams Car Shampoo, and let that sit for about five minutes. Then two bucket wash, one mit for top half and one for bottom half, then rinsed with no nozzle on hose. Gave a quick spritz of DS and then started the claying process (paint and glass). After that I went on and did a test spot. Ran through the normal for scratches and swirls. SHR with Orange / FMP with White / Americana (1 coat so far, next coat going on in about a week). After the FMP process I dressed all rubber and plastic with VRT using the squares. Polished glass with white focus pad and FMP Cleaned glass with Adams GC and the plush microfiber (glass towels on next order!). Followed up all the dressings with a coat of Americana. I must say that Americana is amazing and I LOVE IT! I took some before pics and you can see the swirls and nastiness in some of the pics. One pic shows the APC used on my wheels LR is done and LF is how it was. Then some night time pics with the halogen and camera flashes. Let me know what you guys think. I need to finish dressing the tires and the engine bay and so on, I just ran out of daylight lol.

Let me know how I did, and provide input and suggestions if you have them please.

Thanks and here are the pics

002-Copy.jpg?t=1274078492

006-Copy.jpg?t=1274078530

003-Copy.jpg?t=1274077848

004-Copy.jpg?t=1274077879

008-Copy.jpg?t=1274077911

009-Copy.jpg?t=1274077953

013-Copy.jpg?t=1274078096

010-Copy.jpg?t=1274078143

014-Copy.jpg?t=1274078170

018.jpg?t=1274078190

015-Copy.jpg?t=1274078212

Well there it is. Last one shows flash and halogen in pic. Now this is my wifes daily driver that has seen alot of highway use. There are alot of stone chips and dings from the university parking areas. I am not worried about those. Next is the Trans-Am

16 answers to this question

I started the whole thing at about 11:00 and finished with the help of the halogen lights at about 9:30. My truck and car have never been treated to a full machine correction before so it was time. Alot of it was getting the technique down with the PC once I got in a groove it went fairly fast. I need to get the undercarriage spray and some more APC and the glass cleaning MF towels, metal polish , and a backup set of pads. I had an issue with the product drying on me, but I think I just had too much built up on them so i started spritzing DS on them instead of adding more polish and that helped, but you can never be too safe so I am going to get another set and probably a yellow also. Keep watching the daily specials.

Thanks for all the comments guys. It rained here today and for the next two days it is in the forecast, but when the sun comes back out I will finish it and take some more pics. Had two neighbors that saw me multiple times outside tell me it looked real good, and that was in the rain this morning and another when I got home at eight. The Envoys panels made it real easy to get used to the PC. The t/a has all the lines and the ram air hood and will be a little more tricky I think, but slow and steady wins the race right? I need to place another order for some more pads and APC and those amazing plush microfiber towels.

Again I appreciate all the feedback and support. Try to get some more *finished* pics up this weekend. I am also about to move back to Toledo area so I might finally have a garage to work in!

Thanks guys. Even at night in my driveway it out shined all the other cars with the reflections from the garage lights. I cant wait till I can clean it off with WCW and hit it with another coat of Americana. This truck has 100K on it and I cant wait to see what this stuff will do to my black T/A that only has 40K. Thanks for all the comments.

Ah thats how you take those up close pics. I was wondering why it didn't turn out like everyone else's pics. And as it always goes, I woke up this morning to find it raining outside! I didn't even get a chance to take a look at my work in direct sunlight. Just have to freshen it up once the rain moves out.

I take it the first pick is a before shot. If so, it looks like you had a very successful go at it! One tip on taking those up close pictures. Use your camera's macro setting. It allow the pictures to be in focus when your are closer than 12" from your subject. If you try that in auto mode, the camera can't focus clearly.

Good job! :thumbsup:

Archived