Customer Service 866.965.0400

Auto Magic Products

GPDAN

Question

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has had any encounters with Auto Magic Products? I was detailing a vehicle on saturday and this Auto Magic Rep approached me and began to criticize my Adams products. I think the term he used was "Bathtub Mixed" product. He seemed pretty arrogant about his stuff and even gave me and my buddy some samples. So, any experiences with that stuff?

... Never fails that any any clinic or event I'm running for Adam's theres someone who will come up and start to run their mouth about "Product XYZ says you guys are blah blah blah"

I haven't had that happen yet. Maybe it's my buffing face that scares them away? :confused:

c5fest12.jpg

Patent on it in the US so pretty much yep!

Don't compare them. I'm sure it's better and Adam wants a better clay but US law says he can't. It's BS.

Chris

Yep... you guys get access to all kinds of goodies up there we won't be able to get in the states until 2011.

Smuggle some across the border for me :lolsmack:

lol I actually have a few Blue Riccardo Clay on the way will definitely compare to the new gray Adam's clay I should be getting in the mail next week also :) Is it just the clay you guys can't get?

To my knowledge AM are good products, a few buddies of mine use them in Michigan. But what I like about them is that they have MSDS sheets for there products :) Also about the clay, its true its all the same clay in the USA but come to Canada there are more choices as I believe the patent is no good here.

Yep... you guys get access to all kinds of goodies up there we won't be able to get in the states until 2011.

Smuggle some across the border for me :lolsmack:

To my knowledge AM are good products, a few buddies of mine use them in Michigan. But what I like about them is that they have MSDS sheets for there products :) Also about the clay, its true its all the same clay in the USA but come to Canada there are more choices as I believe the patent is no good here.

It's funny I have been in car sales for GM for about 5 years. I'm a total car guy, and have a good knowledge of many cars. I never bash the competitors, but merely point out differences. I love to sit and talk with my customers about the other cars they have been looking at, and finding out what they liked and didn't like about other company's cars.

Automagic used to come around the dealership I worked at ages ago. They had some good products and we used quite a bit of their stuff. Our chap was pretty nice and would help/take care of things if you had an issue. All comes down to the hire, training and attitude of the individual with a company on how well they represent the company.

Sounds like your rep may just need some training or aspect adjustment.

Just wondering, what makes their clay so special?

Automagic owns the Patent on clay made in the US, nothing makes it better and as a matter of fact its not the best based on most people's opinions. Riccardo clay (which you can buy in Canada but not have shipped to the US) is supposed to be some of the best.

IMO, anyone who has to discredit someone elses product to sell their own doesn't have much of a product and has none of my respect.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Never fails that any any clinic or event I'm running for Adam's theres someone who will come up and start to run their mouth about "Product XYZ says you guys are blah blah blah" My standard response is -

"Its unfortunate to hear that a competitor would lower themselves to that level. We firmly believe that the results, performance, and customer service that accompany each and every one of our products speak for themselves and would never bash a competitor in order to make a sale. Plus, everything we sell is backed with a 110% money back guarantee - if we didn't truly believe our product were the best would we take that kind of risk?"

My neighbors are always saying how shiny my HHR is. I say, "It's not me, it's the Adam's stuff". Guys at work ask what I use too. It's the shine and depth of finish that gets the attention and interest, not knocking someone else's product.

Auto Magic is now owned by ITC, one of the largest companies in the USA. http://www.automagic.biz/PressReleases/9-30-2005.htm

They are the exclusive licensee of Detailing Clay, through the end of this year. They make good car care products, and specialize in servicing car washes and detail shops. Servicing the local businesses with route drivers is the key to their business, and it's served them well.

Can't say anything bad about AM, and am happy to say we have never issued a refund to a customer who preferred any of their products to ours. As for the driver who talked trash about us, he is simply uninformed.

We can't wait until the end of the AM patent on Clay, when the better products will be available for sale once again in the USA! Stay tuned . . . . .

If I was in the Detailing business again, and needed to buy some degreaser, car soap, or other bulk products for my fleet detailing business, I'd certainly buy off the AM truck.

Great question, and while we have friends at Mother's and Meguiar's, Zaino and Pinnacle, AutoMagic is owned by a company with 50,000 employees. Can't find our way to anyone to shake hands with there, not yet anyway.

-Adam:thumbsup:

i do not think you never have to knock someone else's product. If yours is better just show them and let the results speak for themselves.

Exactly.

If anyone approached me with that type of attitude, I would take the sample and pour it out in front of them. Then, I would continue working on my ride.

If you want to push your product of choice, you never bad mouth your competitor. Instead, speak of the positives that your product offers. Between that and the performance of your product, it should speak for itself. Personally, I NEVER bad mouth a competitor. At the same time, I don't consider products like Nu-Finish and Turtle Wax competitors.

People who talk about politics could learn a lot from that way of thinking.

Archived