Customer Service 866.965.0400

What happens to the polishing pad with the PC?

LimitedDodge

Question

I was just re watching some of Junkmans vids, One video shows him opening the pc and goes through how to put it together and says to throw out the polishing pad and microfiber towel that comes with it.

Well my question is what do you guys do with the polishing pad?

I imagine all those junk microfibers are made into a bed so the guys in the warehouse, that are not allowed to go home, can at least take a nap! :lol:

I am assuming that the pc at one time shipped directly from the factory to the person that ordered the kit. Where as now it ships from you guys with the backing plate already installed ( at least in my case it was installed, but without the washer).

So is there some giant size foam version of Adam at the warehouse made from all these polishing pads? :lol:

I am not complaining by any means just thought I might could have use the pad for some other things. Like maybe with a bonnet to polish diamond plate toolbox.

11 answers to this question

Mine came to me and I never used it... I believe they work things differently now and probably get it without it but Adams mattress may be made with the white foam pad.

Chris

Hi Jeremy, thanks for your question, and business! The cheap pad that comes with the PC is glued to a plastic backing plate, and needs to be removed with a wrench to clean.

It also doesn't fit in the box when we install the backing plate for our customers, and since we don't recommend using it, and it can confuse customers, we simply return them to our Porter Cable supplier.

You are not missing out on anything, trust me!

Finally, the $0.25 China microfiber that the Junkman pulled out of his box was a freebie that ToolsPlus includes with the machines they sell.

We sell the kit as photographed and described on our website, and always like to under-promise, and over-deliver.

If you feel we didn't make 110% good on the PC kit we sell, and you ordered, contact me personally, and I'll refund your purchase 110%!

Thanks, Adam:thumbsup:

Where as now it ships from you guys with the backing plate already installed ( at least in my case it was installed, but without the washer).

Ahh, and I forgot to address this comment Jeremy! Use the PC with the plate installed as we have to minimize wobble on the backing plate. The new Porter Cable backing plates are incredibly true, and the way we mount them is absolutely the best way to avoid wobble.

:thumbsup:

Ahh.... gotcha! Thanks for the super quick response! Trust me I am more than 110% satisfied. I think I have gotten to the point where I am annoying people I talk about Adam's shine so much!

You surely over delivered in my case! At the time I placed my order, you were out of the super blue microfibers and in place of them you sent the new double soft white towels! I was super excited about that!:rockon:

Thanks again and keep coming out with the great products that keep our Americans employed!

And I was so hoping to see the life size foam Adam!:lolsmack:

My guess is they watched the Junkman's video, heard him recommend to everyone they throw that stuff away (on top of watching him sling it off into the distance with a nice THUMP!), and decided to save everyone the hastle. :)

Hi Jeremy, thanks for your question, and business! The cheap pad that comes with the PC is glued to a plastic backing plate, and needs to be removed with a wrench to clean.

It also doesn't fit in the box when we install the backing plate for our customers, and since we don't recommend using it, and it can confuse customers, we simply return them to our Porter Cable supplier.

You are not missing out on anything, trust me!

Finally, the $0.25 China microfiber that the Junkman pulled out of his box was a freebie that ToolsPlus includes with the machines they sell.

We sell the kit as photographed and described on our website, and always like to under-promise, and over-deliver.

If you feel we didn't make 110% good on the PC kit we sell, and you ordered, contact me personally, and I'll refund your purchase 110%!

Thanks, Adam:thumbsup:

Adam might even replace your cheapo pad with a glued backing pad and Chinese microfiber if you so desired.

He's just that kind of guy.:D

Adam might even replace your cheapo pad with a glued backing pad and Chinese microfiber if you so desired.

He's just that kind of guy.:D

I shudder at the thought! :willy:

I found a use for that junk whitepad/backing plate combo. I cut the foam off the back plate and used it to stuff part of my seats when I redid them. :thumbsup:

I shudder at the thought! :willy:

I found a use for that junk whitepad/backing plate combo. I cut the foam off the back plate and used it to stuff part of my seats when I redid them. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't want Adam to do that, was just bored at work today and was curious about them after watching some of Junkmans videos again.

Is that why they call you the Junkman? Turn junk into something useful? Or is it because you like women with some "Junk" in the trunk? I am assuming that's why you had to redo the seats and put some new support in them!:D

I watched that vid and was wondering also. I still have not found anything yet employment wise, but when I do and can save enough extra I'll be ordering a PC. I was given a rotary buffer/polisher 12 years ago, and used it twice. I just wax by hand, as the car needs repainted or (hopefully someday) replaced.

Archived