Customer Service 866.965.0400

SHR Does it Dust?

Goatman06

Question

Just like the title, i just used some similar product it had great results but, it dusted quite a bit does the SHR dust? i was thinking about trying it. its pretty much the only adams product i dont have...lol thanks

18 answers to this question

Thanks Junkman, thanks for taking the time to post your vids, i learn alot and have a good time watching them. by watching you i seem to have been using to much product. my qestion is do you use your 3 pea size drops on each panel or do you just re prime the pad with detail spray and work the existing product as far as it will get you on the next panel? I also think im working to big a area also. i will do like half of the hood at once, i think this is to much and causing the products to dry quicker since im working in to large a area? am i correct? thanks for your time. Bob

Whoa, half a hood? The only way you should be doing half a hood with one application is on this puppy!

IMGP1004.JPG

There is no possible way that you can be having any success, working on an area that large. That will spread the product way too thin causing you to use way to much product. And yes, it will dry up very fast, especially if you are working in the sun.

When I use 3 pea-sized drops, I do so for a 1.5' - 2' area, NOT per panel. I break every panel up into sections and work each section until I am satisfied with the results on that section. I may spend hours on a entire panel if it is in that bad of shape. For me, it's not about getting it done, it's about getting it right.

You definitely need to decrease the size area that you're working and concentrate on your technique (not going to fast or using too much product). Take a look at my "From Clay to Wax" series and look at the size area I work. That video series explains it all. :2thumbs:

I know I've seen this before but can't find it using the search function. When using SHR or FMP by PC should you get some powder? And if you do, does that mean you are polishing to long?

Thanks. Greg.

Ooops... i was using a lil too much also. I now have a bit more understanding of what to do. It seems like know matter how good ur videos are we still find a way come up with some unanswered questions. :)

Agreed, dusting will be at a minimum... generally you'll only see it if you take the pad across a gap or edge and the pad throws out some spent polish.

You also might see it if you were to lift an edge or have the pad in less than flush contact with a panel.

Whoa, half a hood? The only way you should be doing half a hood with one application is on this puppy!

IMGP1004.JPG

There is no possible way that you can be having any success, working on an area that large. That will spread the product way too thin causing you to use way to much product. And yes, it will dry up very fast, especially if you are working in the sun.

When I use 3 pea-sized drops, I do so for a 1.5' - 2' area, NOT per panel. I break every panel up into sections and work each section until I am satisfied with the results on that section. I may spend hours on a entire panel if it is in that bad of shape. For me, it's not about getting it done, it's about getting it right.

You definitely need to decrease the size area that you're working and concentrate on your technique (not going to fast or using too much product). Take a look at my "From Clay to Wax" series and look at the size area I work. That video series explains it all. :2thumbs:

lol thanks junkman for the help... i can't wait to try it out.

Allow me to tweak your answer a bit. SHR will NOT dust up if you do not use too much product AND you are using thoroughly cleaned pads. If you take a brand new pad and start seeing dusting, then you are using too much product OR you are working on surface that is too hot. If the surface is too hot, move the car out of direct sunlight or start implementing more detail spray onto the pads. Big chunks of flaking product is a real good sign of too much product on a saturated paid.

If the dusting is extremely fine, then you're working with a pad that you didn't get completely clean when you last washed it. Again, more detail spray will help control that but you need to do a better job cleaning your pads. That's why I do it this way. ;)

Thanks Junkman, thanks for taking the time to post your vids, i learn alot and have a good time watching them. by watching you i seem to have been using to much product. my qestion is do you use your 3 pea size drops on each panel or do you just re prime the pad with detail spray and work the existing product as far as it will get you on the next panel? I also think im working to big a area also. i will do like half of the hood at once, i think this is to much and causing the products to dry quicker since im working in to large a area? am i correct? thanks for your time. Bob

Yes, SHR will dust. However, if you're getting excessive dust, it's because you're using too much product. If you use the proper amount and keep the pad primed, the dusting will be minimal.

Allow me to tweak your answer a bit. SHR will NOT dust up if you do not use too much product AND you are using thoroughly cleaned pads. If you take a brand new pad and start seeing dusting, then you are using too much product OR you are working on surface that is too hot. If the surface is too hot, move the car out of direct sunlight or start implementing more detail spray onto the pads. Big chunks of flaking product is a real good sign of too much product on a saturated paid.

If the dusting is extremely fine, then you're working with a pad that you didn't get completely clean when you last washed it. Again, more detail spray will help control that but you need to do a better job cleaning your pads. That's why I do it this way. ;)

I bought a stiff bristle brush used to wash the pads from another site and instead i use it to clean the pad occasionally while i use it. I use it with some product and then i use the pad with some DS and after like half the car i run the brush over the pad and it opens up the poors on the pad and works great. It cuts down the dusting and over use of product off the pad. I only use it once or twice and im good.

i always prime the bad before i use it, do you prime the pad more than once? to be honest when i move to the next panel i always put more product on,not a ton but some,to work the next section, i shouldnt be doing this?

Bob, Every once in a while skip product and just spray a spray or two of DS.:thumbsup:

i always prime the bad before i use it, do you prime the pad more than once? to be honest when i move to the next panel i always put more product on,not a ton but some,to work the next section, i shouldnt be doing this?

Archived