Customer Service 866.965.0400

True Blue Super Plush Towel Question

hawgfan

Question

I have about 25 to 30 of these and just ordered some of the new white ones, but I have only had my blue towels for about 4 months and they are linting real bad. I wash them in woolite on the gentle cycle cold water and let them air dry. So is there anyway to stop them from linting or do I need to downgrade all of them and just build my new white towel collection.

13 answers to this question

I have about 25 to 30 of these and just ordered some of the new white ones, but I have only had my blue towels for about 4 months and they are linting real bad. I wash them in woolite on the gentle cycle cold water and let them air dry. So is there anyway to stop them from linting or do I need to downgrade all of them and just build my new white towel collection.

NO. Wash them (no soap) and stick them in the dryer with LITTLE or NO HEAT. They will tumble dry and that action will release the lint. Make sure that your lint tray is clean before you stick them in the dryer. They may not dry all the way but this will at least knock out all the lint.

Interesting. I haven't had any issues with the super plush blues yet after 6 months. One habit I have is periodically giving each towel a good "FWAP" through the air to remove lint and anything else that may be on the towel as i go around detailing.

NO. Wash them (no soap) and stick them in the dryer with LITTLE or NO HEAT. They will tumble dry and that action will release the lint. Make sure that your lint tray is clean before you stick them in the dryer. They may not dry all the way but this will at least knock out all the lint.

:iagree::thumbsup: You will love your new white towels!!:rockon:

Interesting. I haven't had any issues with the super plush blues yet after 6 months. One habit I have is periodically giving each towel a good "FWAP" through the air to remove lint and anything else that may be on the towel as i go around detailing.

I haven't either and I have every blue towel that Adam's has sold.

Last count I had my blue towel collection (old blue w/ black edging, new blue w/ blue edging) was up around 60 towels... of those 60 I only ever had 2 or 3 that had linting issues. I know there were some reports that people got some of a particular batch that were not living up to the standards we set and linting, but the towels seem fairly sporadic amongst the bunch.

For example I think one or 2 of mine that linted shipped with a group of 4 towels... so not all of them had the issue.

Like Junky suggested... go thru a wash, eliminate the chances that the lint is being introduced elsewhere and go from there.

ok so I washed my towels again with no soap and let them tumble dry on the no heat setting. I haven't tried them yet to see if they still lint but I remember calling Ashley about this when it first started to see if there was anything else I could try and she said to try and boil them for 10 minutes. Just wondering if this is something I should.

Boiling is generally a method of last resort... say for example you accidentally use fabric softener or the towels are starting to near the end of their lives, boiling in a large pot for a minute with a few capfulls of white vinegar will restore some life to the towels.

It will pretty much release ANY trapped fibers, waxes, chemicals, etc.

I got two of these (blue with blue edging) and they're linting out for me, too. I wanted to use them to buff off the Americana I put on the other day, and they were linting so heavily I had to switch to the plush white towel (not sure about the technical name for the towel, but it's the satin-bordered double-sided buffing towel; I've had it for about a year) to buff off the lint! I typically wash them warm and tumble dry low. So... Just keep trying, making sure the lint trap is empty?

Archived