Customer Service 866.965.0400

Finally made the purchase!

richfron

Question

Well after much reading and reading on this forum(coupled with the great sale this w/e) I made the purchase of the Junkman Kit with a few extras.

I bought a new 370Z in Jan. and just getting a chance to enjoy her now. For a new car, she looks awful in the sun, swirls / spider webs everywhere! I hope to attack her this w/e if my kit arrives. It took pretty long convincing the mrs. on the Z purchase....it was equally challenging to convince her for another purchase to "fix" the brand new car's paint but it seems after much reading on theis forum, alot of you went thru this as well! :loser:

I thought I was bordering on OCD with wanting to keep my car clean all the time, it seems I found the right forum to make me feel "normal".

I also plan on attending the NJ clinic coming up,,not sure if I want to wait to see the Junkman in action first,,,,or try it on my own. I don't think I'll be able to wait! Great info. people!

12 answers to this question

There are a few benifits to being single, chief amoung them being that I am dirt easy to convince when it comes to buying things like this......:lolsmack:

The 370 is great looking car. What colour did you get?

Oh yeah, :welcomebanner:

You found the right forum! We're all perfectionist's around here. :welcome:

hahaha, you know what's funny about this thread? I spend soooo much time making other people's cars looking perfect that my car is a mess, when I have free time I can't wait to do anything other than detail my car and all I can think about is how much it costs me to do my own stuff:willy:

Thanks everyone! I went with a red Z......she looks great at night, hopefully I can make her look good in the sunlight as well.

With fine scratches, should I start with SHR w/orange pad or FMP with a less aggressive pad? I guess I can try to go with the lightest grade and go up if needed?

Am I the only one that gets more confused the more I read? I wathed these videos so many times, I think I need to watch them one more time before I touch my car with this thing :pc:!!!

Here she is,,,I hope to get a pic of the swirls for before and after pics

you know start with the fmp and white pad do a 2 x 2 section or maybe half the hood and then check your results. if your happy then you know how to do the rest of the car if not then go up to the orange pad and shr. also buy a small halogen light i have a dual 500/1000 watt light from sears and keep that in the area your working it will help you see alot of what your missing. In normal light you will think its great then put up the light and you will be like dang i missed all that. I had that issue with my buddys hot rod i ended up with a yellow pad to get out the scratches and he still had some in there because of the prep work done before painting. just be patient go slow and figure out what works for you.

you know start with the fmp and white pad do a 2 x 2 section or maybe half the hood and then check your results. if your happy then you know how to do the rest of the car if not then go up to the orange pad and shr. also buy a small halogen light i have a dual 500/1000 watt light from sears and keep that in the area your working it will help you see alot of what your missing. In normal light you will think its great then put up the light and you will be like dang i missed all that. I had that issue with my buddys hot rod i ended up with a yellow pad to get out the scratches and he still had some in there because of the prep work done before painting. just be patient go slow and figure out what works for you.

Thanks everyone for your advise!

Lawson, I see you're located in Somerset...will you be at Junkman's clinic in June?

Sooners- nice Z yourself! I wish they would of kept that color blue with the 370's, not sure I like the new color?

Archived