Customer Service 866.965.0400

That's life!

Team Adam's

How much will that cost you?

My tags run $229 before my SMOG cert (which is every 2 years.) The check itself I'm not sure - I'm expecting chuck of change though. It's been over 50 horsepower and 66 pounds of torque since my last SMOG check.

And before Richie chimes in - I KNOW Florida does not have these checks any longer - but our Orange Juice is better!

My tags run $229 before my SMOG cert (which is every 2 years.) The check itself I'm not sure - I'm expecting chuck of change though. It's been over 50 horsepower and 66 pounds of torque since my last SMOG check.

And before Richie chimes in - I KNOW Florida does not have these checks any longer - but our Orange Juice is better!

But Jason, Did you also know that Oregon does not have these checks yet Except in Portland. Also your Vette will not run on Orange Juice:lol:

It's actually 5 years and then every two years thereafter.

right in the middle of us ;)

Smog Information<!-- #EndEditable -->

<!-- #BeginEditable "content" -->Currently, smog inspections are required for all vehicles except diesel powered vehicles, electric, natural gas powered vehicles over 14,000 lbs, hybrids, motorcycles, trailers, or vehicles 1975 and older.

Vehicles registered in areas subject to the biennial smog certification program are required to submit evidence of a smog certification every other renewal period. Owners of vehicles six or less model years old will pay an annual smog abatement fee for the first six registration years instead of being required to provide a biennial smog certification. The registration renewal notice mailed to you by the department will indicate if a smog certification is required. If a smog certification is required and you have not had a smog inspection, you may still pay your registration fees to avoid any late fees. However, you will not receive your new registration or year sticker until the smog information has been received by DMV.

NOTE: Upon initial registration, nonresident and specially constructed vehicles 1976 and newer require smog certification. The six or less model years old rule does not apply to these vehicles.

When you transfer a vehicle that is four or less model years old a smog certification is not required. (Determine the oldest-qualifying year model by subtracting three from the current year.) A smog transfer fee will be collected from the new owner. When a vehicle is more than four model years old, a seller must provide evidence of a current smog certification except when one of the following occurs:

• The transfer occurs between a spouse, domestic partner, sibling, child, parent, grandparent, or grandchild.
  • A biennial smog certification was submitted to DMV within 90 days prior to the vehicle transfer date (a vehicle inspection report may be required for proof of certification).

Smog certifications are good for 90 days from the date of issuance.

I had heard they bumped it to six, The Smog abatement fee is 12.00 on our Stang so it is cheaper than a Smog Check for sure.

fee's!

My truck has a weight fee that's $60 or so a year

Hey Jason, do you think you will pass?

I'm not sure with the Cold Air Intakes most of us put in our rides it'll make us fail?

Yeah mines 80 on my truck. Just had to pay 229.00 Registration on a freaking 11 year old truck.

Also most CAI are not smog legal so they fail for the visual. It really will depend on how well the smog tech knows his stuff. Or if he even cares

Edited by 97F1504RAD

Yeah mines 80 on my truck. Just had to pay me 229.00 Registration on a freaking 11 year old truck.

Also most CAI are not smog legal so they fail for the visual. It really will depend on how well the smog tech knows his stuff. Or if he even cares

think mine is 80 as well.

Isnt there a CARB label that the companies are supposed to give us CAI owners?

think mine is 80 as well.

Isnt there a CARB label that the companies are supposed to give us CAI owners?

Not all have them, but yes if the CAI is CARB legal it is suppose to come with a tag attached or a sticker.

What sucks is before I got my personal plates I had Disabled tags on my truck which eliminated the weight fee. So when i got my personal tags the lady at DMV did everything she could to try and not have the weight fee go back onto my truck because i went to a portable tag. But the system would not allow it. She even got a supervisor to help and they could not get it to work. First time DMV had ever tried to help me and take money off the registration.

Edited by 97F1504RAD