Customer Service 866.965.0400

Now the daily driver!

randyfox

Hello everyone. Not long ago, I did a write up on my '55 Chevy that belonged to my Dad. I detailed that bad boy before leaving Texas. Now, back in Georgia, I have my daily driver (turbo'd 2000 Civic EX) and it was needing a detail bad. I have had this car for almost seven years, and never had a proper detail. Plus during my recent deployment, it sat out in storage for nearly a year. It needed some love!

Starting off with a Dawn wash to strip it all down to the clear coat.

047.jpg

After claying it and re-washing with Adam's Car Wash, I was able to see what I was really working with. Swirls like a mofo.

048.jpg

049.jpg

050.jpg

Windshield up close to see all of the pock-marks and pits.

051.jpg

The hood, roof and trunk was especially bad. The swirl pics above were all from the trunk.

052.jpg

055.jpg

056.jpg

My nasty head lights.

053.jpg

054.jpg

After claying and a little SHR and FMP, those same head lights

067.jpg

068.jpg

Remember the trunk and those swirls? SHR with both the yellow and orange, plus FMP =

064.jpg

Had to do a three step polish like that on the hood and roof too.

The rest of the car only saw the Orange pad with SHR and FMP. After that it was on to the MSW and Americana.

Before pulling it out of the garage:

075.jpg

I also cleaned and sealed the front glass, used VRT on my trim and tires, and Undercarriage Spray in my wheel wells.

The finished product follows in the next post.

Thanks for all of the kind words! I am really stoked with how it turned out. It was done over the course of last weekend. This week may just see a wash (just a little dusty, really) and another coat of Americana.

Thanks!

A lot people ask me what color it is. It's called Electron Blue Pearl, or Si Blue, as it was a factory color for Si's of the same vintage. It really pops in the sun, I will try to grab a couple of daytime pictures to really show off it's color!

Nice! My buddy's got a red one just like it! Same year and all! Is it a D motor?

He's running the D motor with a turbo. He's only pushing 300FWHP though.

Chris

Nice! My buddy's got a red one just like it! Same year and all! Is it a D motor?

He's running the D motor with a turbo. He's only pushing 300FWHP though.

Chris

Yeah, it's a D16Y8. It's not built though, it never has been out of the car or opened up. Just hit 70K in it this week! :D So I make a little less than that. ;) 300whp on a SOHC 1.6 is nothing to sneeze at. Is it built or even daily driven?

It's balanced and blueprinted. It runs SOO smooth now too. It's pretty stupid. He passes Mustangs in third while spinning the tires!

It's not a DD but it was. He has an '09 Tacoma now for that.

Chris

It's balanced and blueprinted. It runs SOO smooth now too. It's pretty stupid. He passes Mustangs in third while spinning the tires!

It's not a DD but it was. He has an '09 Tacoma now for that.

Chris

I believe it. These cars aren't heavy and ones with decent power will spin the wheels with very little provocation.

I keep telling myself that I will get something a little more grown up one of these days (G8 GXP perhaps?) as I am 30 now and still driving a Civic. But I love this car for it's simplicity and it's almost raw feeling to drive it. I doubt I will get rid of it since it it paid for. It may see itself as a Auto-X or Time Attack car in a couple years, and the shiniest one out there at that!

Thanks Jason. This whole week really was an eye opener to me as well. I haven't been able to park in the garage due to the arrival of all of my furniture and boxes, plus it has rained several times this week. Despite the car getting dirty, it still looks great! After it rains, the water beading is friggin' a sight to behold and it shines better than cars that are freshly washed. That is results too. A lot of products can make your car look good when it is clean, but how many still look great when your car gets dirty?

Archived