Customer Service 866.965.0400

California Duster

TR6speed

Well I just bought a California Duster and it says it is best to put it on newspaper for 48 hours prior to using the first time. My question is, do I simply place it on the newspaper, or is it better to wrap it in the newspaper?

A new one may leave some wax/oils behind at the beginning of its use which is why I think they recommend the newspaper trick. Personally I don't use one. If I used it like AJ does it would take me as long as washing the car... lol

Chris

The ink is what helps absorb all the waxes and oils.

Nah... I have to believe it's the paper... The reason they recommend the newspaper is because most people (not me) have it readily available.

I could be wrong though... :o Of course it WOULD be the first time ever.

:lolsmack:

Chris

Nah... I have to believe it's the paper... The reason they recommend the newspaper is because most people (not me) have it readily available.

I could be wrong though... :o Of course it WOULD be the first time ever.

:lolsmack:

Chris

Try cleaning half a window on your house with a paper bag and the other half with news paper, you will see the difference.

Try cleaning half a window on your house with a paper bag and the other half with news paper, you will see the difference.

That's because the ink keeps the streaking down... ;) The paper absorbs the fluid. Also the newspaper WILL absorb more due to the nature of the paper.

Now get yourself some Adams glass towels! THAT makes a HUGE difference.

Chris

I am glad I saw this...I have been meaning to ask about the Cali Duster and whether or not it is beneficial to use one. I have one, but I have had second thoughts about using it now that I am paranoid about causing swirls.

Wrapping it would be best. I put mine in 3 layers of news paper. Dry, damp, dry. Seems to work good

No one knows their product better than the manufacturer. If they say place it on a newspaper, that's exactly what you should do. The purpose is to remove the excess oils that used on the threads to ensure that the duster does not dry out during shipping or during the storage of the duster in their warehouse. I called them a long time ago to get that scoop.

You don't even need to do that as long as you use it correctly. Junkman has a video using one.

Wrong. You DO need to do that.

The ink is what helps absorb all the waxes and oils.

Ink has nothing to do with it. The ink is dry after it hits the paper. The paper is what does the absorbing.

Back in the day, I use to use newspaper to clean my windows too. With the invention of microfiber, window cleaning has come a long way. I have a video coming out which will show the effective way to clean windows.

That's because the ink keeps the streaking down... ;) The paper absorbs the fluid. Also the newspaper WILL absorb more due to the nature of the paper.

Now get yourself some Adams glass towels! THAT makes a HUGE difference.

Chris

Again, the ink has nothing to do with it. It's all in the paper. Now the glass cleaning towel does make a significant difference.

I am glad I saw this...I have been meaning to ask about the Cali Duster and whether or not it is beneficial to use one. I have one, but I have had second thoughts about using it now that I am paranoid about causing swirls.

Watch this video series. That will ease your fears. :)

I totally agree

The newsprint works great on my vette windows:2thumbs:

Place the duster on top of the paper as instructed.

The parapit (spelling?) wax will get absorbed by the paper instead of leaving tiny wax balls on your paint

Only use the duster as the name implies "On Dust"

If your vehicle is dirty then...Waterless wash and/or two bucket hand washing with Adam's

Archived