Customer Service 866.965.0400

First Use of Americana

Nordgrey

Question

Well decided to use my Americana for the first time today, and my honest first impression after I finished the hood was,"nice wax, what's all the fuss?"

Then I started doing doors and fenders and I noticed my reflection in an area with no Americana and then an area with Americana.

The difference was simply mind boggling! :bow: The metalic flake looks like it wants to pop out of the paint.

Found it to be very friendly to application in direct sun. On super easy, off just as easy.

On another note, GWC on my new matt finish wheels was not a success. From about five feet away they look fine, but when close up there was a chalky residue on the wheels. Tried APC to get it off, with no luck. Figured I had some long hour ahead getting them to look good. Then as I was putting the VRT to the tires, I got some on the wheel....... and it looked GREAT! Did all the wheels with the VRT and they look like a million bucks.

I know I still have to get in there and clean them up properly.......somehow, but for now that's good enough after three hours on the car today. Time to drive it!!

thats what the waterless wash reminds me of!

That's because it's currently coconut but I believe it's changing in the VERY near future as well. The original scent of Americana WAS Pina' Colada.

I knew the new stuff smelled like something... lol

I don't do spa's... I'm a guy... My spa is my car. :thumbsup:

Directly from Adam, but can't find the email for exact wording. :bow:

The original sent was a banana based scent. There had been complaints that the scent was going bad, rancid if you will, and that it was ruining the wax. So... :grouphug:

Adam felt there was a need to change the smell. And it surprises me that nobody seems to be able to identify it. Eucalyptus! :thumbsup:

His wife picked it. It is a HUGE aroma therapy scent that calms and relaxes. Have you ever been to a spa and taken a Eucalyptus steam bath? It's FANTASTIC!! Smell can be strong at times, but I've grown to love the final step of the detail, applying the APW. I've used almost 3/4 of my tub in 6 mos.

But all in all the smell is Eucalyptus. Let it work it's magic and take you away from your troubles! :cheers:

Pina' Coloda! I still have some of the beta formula. I never had any issues with the smell.

The new container I have smells good too. A little chemical like but not bad.

Chris

thats what the waterless wash reminds me of!

Pina' Coloda! I still have some of the beta formula. I never had any issues with the smell.

The new container I have smells good too. A little chemical like but not bad.

Chris

It kinda makes sense when you think about it. VRT makes matt finish plastics, rubber trim and tires look better, so a matt finish wheel ought to be the same.

So, we have another use for it!

Can't wait for my SVRT to show up next week.

Thanks folks.

There is one draw back to the Americana. It really let me see how badly I need to start hitting the car with the PC. Metalic grey has been really hard to see swirls etc so far. Until today.

LOL

Archived