Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detailed the z06 and Jeffs GTI !

6spdg37s

Ok here's my write up:

I picked up the VW back in February. The car really didn't have swirls, but it needed to be clayed BADLY! I don't know what they exposed this paint to but this paint was extremely rough. The focus of this detail would be giving this car a much needed clay, followed by a pass of the FMP and APW.

To prove how badly this car needed clay, this is what the clay looked like after doing just the hood:

IMG_1929.jpg

So after claying the car, the car got a pass of FMP with white pad at the speed of 5k opms. This is what the paint looked like after the FMP:

IMG_1934.jpg

After the FMP I decided to use Americana instead of Machine Superwax. I did this because I was shot from doing my car and having to do John's every 10 seconds because he isn't a good detailer. :jester:

I also noticed my rubber trim was looking dull so I used In and Out Spray on that.

Before:

IMG_1940.jpg

After:

IMG_1941.jpg

After that I used VRT on the tires and stood back to admire the shine.

IMG_1942.jpg

IMG_1956.jpg

IMG_1954.jpg

IMG_1948.jpg

5fc991a9.jpg

e888d366.jpg

And ofcourse this was waiting for me this morning:

98d20991.jpg

It never ends :willy:

Did anyone notice how nicely the bird bomb beaded up when it hit? Compare this to a bird bomb on most any vehicle where it is one large mess. Plus look at that reflection: see the light in the lower left hand corner?

98d20991.jpg

NICE! :2thumbs:

I'll be treating myself to some Americana later this week...

Archived