Customer Service 866.965.0400

Scratches on Clear Plastic Radio Face

Z71_Denali

Question

:help: i don't know how they got their but it seems i have collected some really fine scratch marks on my radio face!

My question is what will work in removing them?

SHR followed by RP then Americana all by hand? i don't have a PC yet.

Clear Polish?

one of those plastic headlight repair kits?

wet sanding?

clean it then put a clear protective film over (i.e. try and hide it)?

here is what the radio face looks like, this pic was taken last august when i first got her, i don't have a close up of the actual scratches yet since i just noticed them.

photo23.jpg

after i fix these scratches i'm gunna have to get one of those clear protective films put on it!

11 answers to this question

there WAS a vendor on Camaro5 that sells something called Ghost Armor. people said that this protective film hid the scratches after it was applied. but i would like to fix the problem before i protect it, not just hide it like Z***o does with paint :D

Let me know, I have some on my gauge cover, and would like to get rid of them as well.. By the way EXCELLENT choice in XM Stations! Love the Octane.. miss the old XM though..

:lolsmack: it's all i listen to when i'm in my car :rockon:

there WAS a vendor on Camaro5 that sells something called Ghost Armor. people said that this protective film hid the scratches after it was applied. but i would like to fix the problem before i protect it, not just hide it like Z***o does with paint :D

I actually purchased the complete Ghost Armor kit the day I picked up my Camaro SS. It covers my HID headlights, blinkers, fog lights, dash gauges, 4 cluster gauges, and my radio face. I could totally see how you could get scratches there. The dust settles on it and 1 little swipe can start to cause those scratches. My buddy who has a Camaro also put ghost armor on his radio after having a couple of very fine scratches and the ghost armor covered them up completely.

The material they made these radio faces out of seems about as durable as wet toilet paper! Not a hole heck of a lot of room for polishing in there, but I'd try very mild approaches. Clear polish or Revive carefully applied by hand might do the trick.

Certainly don't go with SHR I see that just making things worse.

Definitely get the protective film on there ASAP once you get it fixed.

The material they made these radio faces out of seems about as durable as wet toilet paper! Not a hole heck of a lot of room for polishing in there, but I'd try very mild approaches. Clear polish or Revive carefully applied by hand might do the trick.

Certainly don't go with SHR I see that just making things worse.

Definitely get the protective film on there ASAP once you get it fixed.

thanks! i'll try the polish

i ordered the ghost armor radio face film this morning. i thought about getting the 4-pack and gauge cluster film also, but i have never had to touched either of those so i don't think they will need it right now. the radio face is always getting fingerprints and smudges from pushing the buttons and such.

well i tried as best i could to remove the scratches on the radio face with some polish but they did not come out.

my ghost armor protective film came in today so i put it on and voila! no more scratches seen! its the same stuff clear bras are made of except i think it is a little thinner material.

i was surprised i couldn't see the scratches anymore!

Archived