Customer Service 866.965.0400

Metal Polish #2 (polished aluminum/billet)

Team Adam's

Question

Metal Polish #2 Has been reformulated!

Now, it's shinier, and easier than our old #1 and #2 combined into 1 product!

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-68-adams-metal-polish.aspx

70.jpg

Adam's Metal Polish was reformulated to be a stand alone, one-step Metal Polish. Using the same jeweler's rouge that we used in the #2, our new Adam's Metal Polish brings the same amount of gloss to brass, billet, stainless, chrome, and nickel.

Adam's Metal Polish is a pure liquid formula, does not scratch and is safe to use on delicate metals. Guaranteed 110% to outshine any Metal Polish!

Edited by Adam

22 answers to this question

Will it be safe to use the #1 and #2 polish on my trans am rims without damaging the painted surface? They are hand polished aluminum with gold painted snowflakes.

Also if you could reccomend a good detail spray and wax for a gold finish.

picture_047.sized.jpg

Here is a pic so you have an idea of what I am trying to do.

transamwheelsru9.sized.jpg

Hey TMG! Man those wheels are fantastic.

Here is a pic of my '69 Riverside Gold Corvette. I use the Adam's Detail Spray and Buttery Wax. Everyone is raving about the new machine products but I have not tried them yet. Love your gold TA.

Rich

post-221-136817990914_thumb.jpg

You wouldn't want to use it on rims that have been painted, I would recommend Revive polish followed by Brilliant Spray Glaze :thumbsup:

BTW, Beautiful TA !!!!

Anyone from Adams tech dept. have any answer to my question??

Sorry about that, Bill is right. If the aluminum isn't clear coated then our Metal Polishes will work wonders! Mirror like shine in just a few wipes. Bill is right on the paint however, treat the painted areas just like automotive paint. If your aluminum ring is clear coated treat it like a painted surface also, polish and wax accordingly. Hope that helps!

Sorry about that, Bill is right. If the aluminum isn't clear coated then our Metal Polishes will work wonders! Mirror like shine in just a few wipes. Bill is right on the paint however, treat the painted areas just like automotive paint. If your aluminum ring is clear coated treat it like a painted surface also, polish and wax accordingly. Hope that helps!

The rims are not clear coated. My question is with the narrow snowflake ribs is it safe to use the metal polish and if it got on the paint would it damage the finish?

Hmm I'd say use blue painter's tape to protect the edges of the painted surface, but the design of the wheels is too intricate to do that. I'd take my time and use very little metal polish on the pad, so if you do accidentally wipe it on the painted part, it isn't a significant amount and would be easier to wipe off quickly. I don't know if it will damage the paint but it's better to play on the safe side.

The rims are not clear coated. My question is with the narrow snowflake ribs is it safe to use the metal polish and if it got on the paint would it damage the finish?

If those snowflake ribs are NOT clear coated you don't want to get the metal polish on it. But if you really need to polish the non painted part I would agree that blue painters tape on the painted part and use the metal polish by hand, then use revive polish and butter wax on the painted section. Hope that helps.

Edited by C6Bill

Sorry to bump and old thread, but I saw a video using #1 and following it with this #2 and it looks amazing. However when I click on the link there is no product there and I can't seem to find it by browsing around. Has this been discontinued? I hope not, I've got some things that could use this treatment. lol

Will it be safe to use the #1 and #2 polish on my trans am rims without damaging the painted surface? They are hand polished aluminum with gold painted snowflakes.

Also if you could reccomend a good detail spray and wax for a gold finish.

picture_047.sized.jpg

Here is a pic so you have an idea of what I am trying to do.

transamwheelsru9.sized.jpg

Sweet look'n TA :glasses:

Sorry to bump and old thread, but I saw a video using #1 and following it with this #2 and it looks amazing. However when I click on the link there is no product there and I can't seem to find it by browsing around. Has this been discontinued? I hope not, I've got some things that could use this treatment. lol

Jason, MP #1 and #2 have been re-formulated into Metal Polish #1 only.

Here is a link to the new product: [url=http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-68-adams-metal-polish.aspx][/url]

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-68-adams-metal-polish.aspx

Edited by Nitelord