Customer Service 866.965.0400

I would like to suggest that Adam's start carrying a wheel brush. I know they sell the "Power Stick," but I don't want to use that every time I wash my car. I have to take my car to the do-it-yourself wand wash in town and I can't take the time to get out my drill and power stick when there.

I would like a wheel brush that lets me poke between the spokes of my wheels and get to the back of the wheel. Something like the power stick, but with a handle would be nice.

I have found them on other sites, but I'd rather get something from Adam's because I know I can trust that it would be made of material that won't scratch the paint on my new wheels.

Thanks.

I wouldnt think the fender brush would scratch your wheels and it has a big enough handle to reach back into your wheels but you do need to remember that while you want to reach into your wheels you shouldnt use it for both because there is alot of road grime and brake dust that collects on the inside of your wheels that you do not want to be rubbing into your new wheels. I dont know if you work or have worked in a shop but think of it this way if you a running something against a stand up wire wheel and your standing in front of it most of your dust/dirt will form a line on your shirt because you are directly in the line of the wheel. it goes the same for your brakes your wheels are in the line of the brake rotor which slings alot more dust directly into your inner wheels. something to think about.

Nothing says you have to do the powerstick process at the car wash. A good sized spray bottle of water, some GWC and you can do it pretty much anywhere. I have a friend in your same boat in Los Angeles. He parks in a parking structure with no hose. He takes 2 large spraybottle with water, his GWC, drill and powerstick to the garage, and hits the wheels either before or after going to the self serve.

Moisten the inside hoop with water

Hit it with GWC

Scrub with the powerstick

Blast away loose grime with more water.

Wipe dry with a towel

Most of the 'wheel brushes' like the one you're mentioning are made in China or constructed of less than delicate fibers and unless we believe in a product and know its made in the USA we won't be carrying it.

I have the bore's hair brush and the fender brush. Both are great for the wheel wells and front of the wheels. However, neither one will reach between the spokes of my wheels to get clean the backs of the spokes and the drums of the wheels behind the spokes. Here is a pic of one of my wheels:

4688978445_116a63e1b5_b.jpg

My rear wheels are 11" deep and the drum is black, so they show dust like crazy. (At least I notice it!) I have a hard time getting my hand between the brake rotors and the rims and spokes to clean the back of the wheel. I like the idea of the Power Stick, but I'd just like something that has a handle on it so I can get between the spokes.

uhmm, the powerstick is the best tool in the industry, not just from Adams. You will not find anything that is gonna get it clean the way you would want it, in place of it. The only other optoin is the EZ-Brush, but that will show scratch's on wheels that are dark in color and clear'ed (like your rims shown, and my black rims - ask me how i know ?). There are a few other tools made by manufacturers, but the EZ-brush is the better optoin out of all of them, which i just said why its a no-go for certain finish's.

A few manufacturers make big huge swabs (like big Q-tips), but you will need a ton of them, and there only effective for touchup work. Not suggested for wheels that show the entire barrel , like the wheels you are showing in the pic.

Your only left with one effective, and safe optoin (especially for your specific wheel material/color) and its the powerstick and cordless drill. Unless there is some other tool out there. if thats the case, let me know.

I found a couple of wheel brushes from other vendors, but that is the problem - OTHER vendors. I know if Adam's makes something that it will NOT harm the finish on my wheels.

I am sure the Power Stick is a fabulous tool - it's sold by Adam's! But, it is not always convenient to break out the drill to use it. I just thought it would be nice to have a hand tool that I could use for those times when I want to give the wheels a quick wash at the local wand wash place.

I use one of these.

278d7652.jpg

Bristles are flexible but sturdy enough to scrub. Wont scratch the surface of the wheel. Handle flexes to get in those hard to reach areas.

This would be a great Adam's product!

thats the brush i'm referring to when I say "EZ-Brush". That brush does a really good job of cleaning , but it does scratch certain finish's. Wheels that have that silver finish like stock BMW's and certain other cars are really stout, and that brush will not scratch those. But wheels that have a finish like paint on the car, with a clearcoat and dark color behind it, will show the scrathcing. I have 2 sets of OEM wheels. one set is half silver, and half black and clearcoated. On the machined silver part of the wheel there is no scratching evident. But on the part that is painted black and clearcoated, there is scratching from using that excact brush. Kind of like spiderweb scraching on the paint of the car. When I got my new set of black and clear'd rims, I changed my technique to just using a dedicated washpad, Adams Boars Hair brush, and the ACE powerstick. Using this combo there is hardly any scratching put in there from me cleaning them.

For all other types of finish's, that brush is absolutely amazing. You can put a bend in it and get behind the spokes as well. something you can not do with the powerstick.

but for his rims in the pic, I doubt I would even use any tools besides a washmitt and GWC. Those look like expensive delicate wheels imo. Atleast for my black wheels if worst comes to worst I can get a new rim for 225 dollars. not that big of a hit since there OEM and my freinds dad manages the service dept. at my dealer.

I found a couple of wheel brushes from other vendors, but that is the problem - OTHER vendors. I know if Adam's makes something that it will NOT harm the finish on my wheels.

I am sure the Power Stick is a fabulous tool - it's sold by Adam's! But, it is not always convenient to break out the drill to use it. I just thought it would be nice to have a hand tool that I could use for those times when I want to give the wheels a quick wash at the local wand wash place.

please correct me if i'm wrong here, but from what i see and understand ADAMS does NOT manufacturer (or make) there own brush accessorys. There identical boars hair brush, fender brush, and the ACE powerstick are all accessorys that are sold through different vendors as well as Adams. They are not exclusive to ADAMS (again, correct me if i'm wrong here).

When it comes to the brush Accessorys..,

from what it looks like to me, Adams find the best accessorys on the market, brings them in house at large qauntitys and sells them to his customers (us). I think its awesome that Adams does this, cause he gets to pick the correct tools for us, so that we dont make the same mistakes that I have made (and i'm sure many others) in the past, only to find out they dont work the way they describe they do. Most all of Adams tools work the same on all types of finish's. So he finds the best brush's through rigirous testing and offers them to us. For instance I have always had my eye on the ACE powerstick, but never got one cause i wasnt sure how it worked. when i saw Adams selling it, i had to get it, becuase I knew it would be safe and effective since he offered it for sale. Also, his Boars hair brush.,, I got that from him as well, and its one of the better ones I have ever owned.

I don't really worry about where Adam's gets their stuff. Hear me out... what I care about most is that if Adam's sells it, it's going to have been thoroughly tested and it will work well and NOT harm the finish on my car. This is whey I was hoping they would find a good wheel brush to distribute.

My wheels are painted gloss black and cyber gray metallic. The guys who put the wheels on said to me afterward "we wiped the dust off for you!" I cringed, but said nothing. The black areas of the wheels are full of swirls now. I tried Revive this week to see if that would help. Nope. So, next up is SHR and the Porter Cable with the small pads. I'm having new rotors/calipers put on my car this coming week. When I get it back, I'll hit the with SHR and then FMP and then MSW to protect them. Pictures will ensue!

Thanks to those who have provided feedback. For now, I'm just using my wash mitt to reach between the spokes the best I can, but a good wheel brush and lug nut brush would make the job easier.

if it makes you feel any better, i cant avoid the swirls in mine either no matter what i do. the best i can do is make less of them through better technique. I have just learned to live with it. after going all crazy trying to get them perfect, they just get nicked up from regular road debris anyway.

mikeg6045,

Yeah, probably so. I bought a small bottle of touch up paint for now.

Once my brakes are installed, I will give them a good once over with the small polishing pads and hope it looks good at least until I can get some pictures!

Is it because of the line or time that you "can't take the time to get out my drill and power stick when there".

When I take my wife's Charger to one of those places, I try to get there when the crowd isn't. This way I'm able to do the 2 bucket wash and use one of those microfiber sponges to get behind the spokes of her wheels. However, they aren't painted like yours.

Once you get your brake work done, and get the wheels waxed, it will certainly help in keeping them clean.

Car is looking great :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Is it because of the line or time that you "can't take the time to get out my drill and power stick when there".

When I take my wife's Charger to one of those places, I try to get there when the crowd isn't. This way I'm able to do the 2 bucket wash and use one of those microfiber sponges to get behind the spokes of her wheels. However, they aren't painted like yours.

Once you get your brake work done, and get the wheels waxed, it will certainly help in keeping them clean.

Car is looking great :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment on my car/wheels. I love the look.

I just thought it would be easier to take a brush to the car wash and not the drill and powerstick. I always worry that people will get po'd if I hog the wash bay for too long.

I am mostly just trying to find something to get at the barrels of the wheels in the back. I can do an ok job with the spokes with a microfiber wash pad, but reaching through behind the brakes to get at the back of the barrel is not so easy. I think a simple wheel brush would help.

It just seems to me that a hand-held wheel brush is just a simple tool that lots of folks could use and would probably want in their arsenal. Also, not everyone wants to spend $50 on the power stick and I don't always want to get out the drill when I'm doing a quick wash. (Call me lazy.)

I have found wheel brushes on many other vendors web sites. I was making the suggestion not just for me, but I thought it would be beneficial to Adam's bottom line to sell them. (A little lug nut cleaning brush would be nice too.)

Whenever I think to myself, "Gee, it would be nice to have that in my car washing kit," I look to see if Adam's has it first. I know if they have it, it will be of the highest quality. I know most of you do the same. I make the suggestion because I thought it would be helpful to Adam's as well as their customers.

:)

Well, I caved in and bought a wheel brush and lug nut brush from another vendor. I'll only use it to reach the back of the wheel drums. I will use only Adam's wash mitts and microfiber on the face of my new painted wheels.

I still hope Adam's will consider stocking a hand held wheel brush. I would buy one!

The Corvette Museum sells both the lug nut cleaner and the a wheel brush like the one pictured. I have thought about the lug nut cleaner.

Also I have used a small paint roller on a paint handle, I tried this on my stock wheels, I didn't like it so well.

Terri, your new brakes, are they bigger than stock, and that might make cleaning your barrels of your wheels a little harder yet.

BTW; I like the way your car looks with your wheels:2thumbs:

Bluezey:pc:

I went to a mini detailing session today and the guy used a brush much like the big one pictured above. The one he had was the Daytona Wheel Brush. I think it evolved from the EZ Brush. I've looked around since getting home and found it from $25 to $30 on the net.

BTW this was put on by BMW guys so I'm sure the guy wouldn't use or recommend the brush if he thought it would harm our wheels.

I like the idea of that power stick, it just seems to be way over priced. I'm sure that the convenience would offset some of the cost but $50 for some twisted metal and strips of foam? Yea, I know R&R and packaging but still.

I like the idea of that power stick, it just seems to be way over priced.

I luv my power stick, that was the reason that I waited so long in purchasing one, the price, after I got one, I thought to myself, Why did I wait so long? No more nicked and cut hands from trying to get the barrels clean, and they do an awesome job!! Alot quicker too.:thumbsup:

But I did have to go get a cordless drill to make it work, but I find that I have many uses for the cordless:banana:

Bluezey:pc:

I'm with ya on this one Emma. I just bought a wheel brush from a different vendor as well (literally like 10 min ago - online). I have trouble getting all of the inner wheel with my current brush, though I only have the stock polished aluminums on my Camaro. Nothing fancy like your wheels; I'm very jealous! :thumbsup:

The Adam's 'approval' stamp gives you a nice secure feeling that you aren't doing any damage. I hope the brush I decided to go with doesn't leave me disappointed.

Archived