Customer Service 866.965.0400

Photo gurus help!

Team Adam's

I just bought the camera last night but I'm already shopping for some lenses:lol:

For the money this is a pretty good lens. I had an earlier version and liked it real well.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/585955-USA/Canon_CA2813535IS_EF_28_135mm_f_3_5_5_6_IS.html

If you are looking for something with more zoom, I have also had this lens.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/397663-USA/Canon_0345B002_70_300mm_f_4_5_6_EF_IS.html

Later,

Edited by NTHEWIND
added another lens link

I have Rich's old Canon. Both those lenses would work for me.

Thanks much. I'll look into them further. :cheers:

Yea, I'm thinking that 70-300 IS lens will be my next purchase. I also just bought a 1.8/50mm prime lens from Amazon for about $80... great little lens for the money. :2thumbs:

Yea, I'm thinking that 70-300 IS lens will be my next purchase. I also just bought a 1.8/50mm prime lens from Amazon for about $80... great little lens for the money. :2thumbs:

The lens that came with the camera is a 1.8/55mm (i think)

Would the 70-300 let me "get closer" to the stage for school performances?

If it was $80 then it wasn't a Canon or Nikon lens. It might fit the camera, but wasn't made by Canon or Nikon.

Was it some third party lens?

Just one of the many stories you will find !!!!

Sonic Cameras- Avoid Them at All Costs

Saturday morning, 10 May, and I have not had the time to write anything since the first post. I apologise to anyone waiting for more information about the Sonic Camera scum, uh, scam. My focus has been preparing for my escape into the desert for the next month- read more about that at the Desert Explorer website. I have had a chance to email back and forth with Charles (see his comments on my previous post) regarding his unfortunate interaction with Sonic Cameras- it is unfortunate when anyone has to interact with them. He has taken action and is all about bringing these scumbags down, as I am. Be sure to take a look at Charles’ Blog and read about his conversation with the FBI- his post is informative.

If you are a victim of Sonic Cameras, or any one of their incarnations (Camera Addict, the Camera Store, Broadway Photo, Best Price Cameras, etc.) make sure you file a complaint with the FBI.

I have followed Charles’ advice and filed a complaint with the FBI. This is in addition to filing a lengthy complaint/dispute with our credit card company- I submitted 50 pages of info to them- numbered and referenced pages. It took some time. I have also submitted complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and the New York BBB, and tried to contact local consumer protection organisations with little luck. I have also contacted the Denver Post consumer reporter about doing a feature story on Sonic Cameras and internet fraud.

For more info on these scumbags, see the New York BBB page for Sonic Cameras here. Interestingly, the New York BBB website states that Sonic Cameras has “recently come to their attention and they are gathering information.”

See the New York BBB site for Best Price Cameras here- it has lots of info on the other names they have operated under, as well as phone numbers, addresses, and names.

Visit the Federal Trade Commission website to file a complaint here.

The Thoughts of Dave Blog has the most info on the scam.

Be sure to read the New York Times article from 2003 on Broadway Photo, possibly the “parent company”.

This will be my last post on this subject for at least a few weeks, till I am out of the bush. If you have comments to submit, do not despair if they are not posted immediately. I will check email again in early June and update the Blog then.

Until then, be cautious and do research before buying online!

And to Sonic Cameras- I assume that you monitor the web to plan your escape into the next incarnation of fraud and felonious conduct- justice will prevail. We will see to that.

If it was $80 then it wasn't a Canon or Nikon lens. It might fit the camera, but wasn't made by Canon or Nikon.

Was it some third party lens?

No, it's a Canon. It's a simple 50mm that does one thing well. It got a lot of great reviews, too.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-50mm-1-8-Camera-Lens/dp/B00007E7JU/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1232923141&sr=8-1

I stand corrected.

I do more macro photography than anything else. Macro lenses are a lot more expensive.

No, it's a Canon. It's a simple 50mm that does one thing well. It got a lot of great reviews, too.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-50mm-1-8-Camera-Lens/dp/B00007E7JU/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1232923141&sr=8-1

If you want to shoot cars then try a 10-22mm zoom. I have the Cannon xti. A friend of mine let try his 10-22 lens boy that was a great lens to work with. They run about 850.00 or so. I have a Cannon 18-135mm and the 18-55mm that came with the camera. But my next toy will be the wide angle zoom.

If you want to shoot cars then try a 10-22mm zoom. I have the Cannon xti. A friend of mine let try his 10-22 lens boy that was a great lens to work with. They run about 850.00 or so. I have a Cannon 18-135mm and the 18-55mm that came with the camera. But my next toy will be the wide angle zoom.

So what is the difference between the wide angle lens and the fisheye lens ? Sorry if that's a stupid question but I just got my first DSLR a few days ago, I got the Nikon D90. I'm looking for something to take to car shows :help:

Edited by C6Bill

I thought I was mixed up before on SLR cameras now I am totally confused . Spending that much money on a camera gets into my toy money quick . But I do need a real good camera to take to car shows and show up close detail of rods that I build . Without good pictures its hard to convince a potential buyer everything is as I told them . Open for recommendations on camera and lenses . New or used .