Customer Service 866.965.0400

Photo gurus help!

Team Adam's

I've always used Canon digital cameras and found they are extremely easy to use and are of exceptional quality. If I were to be in the market for an SLR I'd consider this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Digital-Camera-18-55mm-3-5-5-6/dp/B0012YA85A/

priced well and it includes the lens (some SLRs do not and the lens could be more expensive than the camera itself) plus a lot of good reviews. Most of the Nikons are over $800.

I've always used Canon digital cameras and found they are extremely easy to use and are of exceptional quality. If I were to be in the market for an SLR I'd consider this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Digital-Camera-18-55mm-3-5-5-6/dp/B0012YA85A/

priced well and it includes the lens (some SLRs do not and the lens could be more expensive than the camera itself) plus a lot of good reviews. Most of the Nikons are over $800.

That's a great deal on the Canon

I love Nikons but my dad bought a Sony SLR because (at least at the time) it was the only one that you could look at the screen and see what you were photographing before you snapped it while with other SLR's you have to look through the eye piece to snap it and then you review it on the screen.

• 1 month later...

I finally decided on a camera today, well at least I thought I did until I got to the store :help::help::help::help:

I ended up buying the Nikon D90, it just felt better than the rest, of course it cost more too :lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

I'll get up some test pic's tomorrow :xfingers::xfingers::xfingers:

If this doesn't take good pictures I'm going back to drawing with crayons :willy::willy::willy::willy::willy:

That was the one I thought I was getting when I went to the store, It's a GREAT camera !!!!!

Do you have a wide angle lens ? I'm thinking it would be good for the car shows. Any thoughts ?

Yeah I have a telephoto 250mm lens, a standard 55mm-100mm lens and a 100mm f/2.8 macro lens. Its really a whole new world once you purchase a SLR.:)

Yeah I have a telephoto 250mm lens, a standard 55mm-100mm lens and a 100mm f/2.8 macro lens. Its really a whole new world once you purchase a SLR.:)

So lenses are like potato chips ? You can't just have one, but they sure cost alot more :help::help::help::help:

yep they get up there!

Luckily my wife surprised me with the macro lens, cuz I don't think I would have bought it myself.:thumbsup:

Mine came with a 18-105 but the 18-200 that I want costs almost as much as the camera :lolsmack:

I have a Canon Rebel that's about 3 years old; I like it but if I were to do it again I'd go Nikon -- a buddy of mine has a nice nikon and some killer lenses and they really do look better.

Rich

I take an educated guess here. It's not the camera, it's the lens. If you are using a 'kit' lens with your Canon and your buddy has some 'killer' lens there probably is nothing wrong with your Canon. A large percentage of how well an image comes out is with the lens.

What settings are you using? vs. your friend?

Later,

I take an educated guess here. It's not the camera, it's the lens. If you are using a 'kit' lens with your Canon and your buddy has some 'killer' lens there probably is nothing wrong with your Canon. A large percentage of how well an image comes out is with the lens.

What settings are you using? vs. your friend?

Later,

It's a bit of both, actually. In fact since that post was made I bought a few better Canon lenses and have been quite pleased. And with one thing following another, I then upgraded to a better Canon body. It never ends... :D